• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort counter service....Which one?

singjenn

Let's go to Disney!
Hello! I am trying to decide which counter service restaurant to try at any of the Resorts. You are probably wondering why counter service and not sit down, right?
Well, here is why.
We are doing KTTK Tour and since the meal is included, we don't use a credit for that meal. I was thinking it might be nice to use that credit at a Resort. I have never visited other resorts while staying there but I would like to do that this time.

We will be staying at POR. Except for the Value resorts, is there a nice counter service place we should try? Thanks!

My favorite resort CS restaurant is Contempo Cafe, at Contemporary. It has really good food, such as fresh salads, flatbread pizzas, and sandwiches. Plus, getting to CR from MK after the tour is really easy - just take the resort monorail or walk!

Here's the menu:

http://allears.net/menu/menu_contempo.htm

How about Captain Cook's at the Polynesian? I think they have pretty good food.

I know you said no Values, but my vote would be for POP. I think it has hands down the best CS at the resorts. Riverside Mill (at POR) is second best, but since you're staying there you'll probably try it.

The Pepper Market is ok food, but you have to make sure to ask for your food to go or you will be charged an 18% gratuity. It has a different set up than other CS places because it isn't Disney owned.

Look on the restaurant board or on all ears for more ideas and suggestions. :goodvibes

My favorite resort CS restaurant is Contempo Cafe, at Contemporary. It has really good food, such as fresh salads, flatbread pizzas, and sandwiches. Plus, getting to CR from MK after the tour is really easy - just take the resort monorail or walk!

Here's the menu:

http://allears.net/menu/menu_contempo.htm
I agree with the Contempo Cafe and one item you got try is their Chicken Caesar Salad, with the dressing already inside it. That turned out to be my favorite item on their menu because I had it more then once.

We've gone to almost all of them and liked all of them (except the CBR). Our favorites are the Pepper Market, Mara and Captain Cooks.

just for the "fun" part of the resort, I would go Mara at AKL.......you can go eat on the patio, and then go look at all the animals and see how cool the resort is!

just for the "fun" part of the resort, I would go Mara at AKL.......you can go eat on the patio, and then go look at all the animals and see how cool the resort is!

THAT sounds exactly what I am looking for!!! Thanks! :thumbsup2 I will look at the menu and see if my picky husband will eat there :)

Thanks everyone for the GREAT tips!!

At the resorts we like Pepper Market and POP the best for counter service.... but I am really looking at the Contemp that was posted... it looks nice... might have to try that in May....

I would second the recommendation for Mara at AKL, the resort is great to look around and the food at Mara is fantastic.

For a great selection, I say Pop is the best. Since they do not have a resturant on property, the counter service has hot meal , pasta , grill, salad/sandwich , and desert station. I have also heard they do a good job catering to vegaterians and special dietary needs.

I vote for Pepper Market at CSR. Since you are on the dining plan, and this is a CS restaurant, it is a great deal. Choices are great. Desserts are awesome! (and you get this as well with your meal on the dining plan). The resort is really nice to walk around if you have some time. A lot of water fountains, walkway all the way around the lake, and the main pool is really interesting as well.

How about Captain Cook's at the Polynesian? I think they have pretty good food.

:lovestruc Yum!! This is my favorite CS anywhere in WDW!

I love the turkey club sandwiches on multigrain & the adult grilled cheese! They also have these delicious chips that taste like Terra chips, but better.....& they have Dole Whips!:goodvibes

i love the mara for the reasons mentioned. it is by far my favorite CS. however, check their menu and make sure it appeals to you. we loved the food and went out of our way to eat there, but you might not.

I would second the recommendation for Mara at AKL, the resort is great to look around and the food at Mara is fantastic.

Another vote for MARA. Love the soups! There are usually two from Boma.....
Awesome.

I'm planning on exploring Wilderness Lodge this trip and eating at Roaring Forks. I agree with picking an interesting resort rather than the best CS because the values and moderates have the best food courts, but that may not make it worth visiting them. I know RF doesn't have much variety, but I'm sure I can find something I will like. I was surprised how much we really enjoyed exploring the Poly when we ate at Ohana's, so I'm looking for more moments like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter