Resort CONFUSION!!!!!

jemmouse

DIS Veteran
Hello all I am back.....My confusion is between POLY and FQ...We used to stay all the time at FQ and I LOVED it. But we were growing tired and then one time decided lets do POLY...Well we have since stayed there being the last 2 years in a row. Now we leave again this March, and I don't know where to stay...

I guess bottom-line I have grown to love some of the conveniences of the Deluxe Resorts...And I love monorail...the sizes of the room and the balconies..

But I also loved FQ, small quaint grounds, much better food court(more variety) and haven't been back since remodel...

We have stayed Contemporary, Yacht Club also before....

My BIG confusion is, if we go FQ will I miss the amenities of the POLY??????

Financially we can do either...Sure it would be great to save money and stay at FQ, then I could just buy more souvenirs :cool1:...

Just need to hear from some individuals who stayed MODERATE again after DELUXE and did you miss it????

My biggest dread is the wait times for busses, argh...But I can survive I will be on vacation at Disney....

We also tried Contemporary but it didn't fit the deal we got....ANd we are mostly Magic Kingdom guests so prefer to stay monorail, and I know FQ isn't a Magic Kingdom resort but I like the proximity to Downtown Disney and restaurants on International Drive...

Help, I need to finalize by Friday...

Did you MISS DELUXE WHEN YOU WENT BACK TO MODERATE????

It all depends on what your plans are. If you are MK ppl, which you said you are, I think you will miss the convenience of jumping on the monorail and going to MK. FQ is a good hotel but if you can do the POLY, I think it's no contest. Have fun and enjoy your trip!

We have stayed at Poly many times and moderates as well. I always prefer the POly over any others, mainly for the conveniences and because it really is a beautiful resort. But if I had the $ to stay wherever I would always pick Poly. I think the monorail saves you so much commuting time to/from parks, which means more time sleeping in the am, and more time in the parks. Plus, for those nights you don't want to deal with crowds, you can't beat sitting on the Poly beach at night watching the electric water parade and fireworks over MK. It just makes it that more magical.

Our first stay onsite was at a mod (which we loved), but once we tried a deluxe, we haven't stayed anything else. The Poly is our favorite resort and if I was given the choice to stay there or a mod (even if it was one I loved), I'd definitely go with the Poly. We love everything about the Poly and love being on the monorail in close proximity to MK as well as the GF and CR for shopping and dining. I'm sure you'll have a great trip at either resort, but I know I would miss the Poly if it were me. Good luck.

Our fist stay was at the AKL then our next stay was at POR. I had a really hard time with POR (please no fames) I really enjoyed the balcony with the kids sleeping we sat out there at night. I liked that it was a smaller resort and the rooms were a little larger. I would make a list of what I liked about both categories and see what wins. Try out another deluxe resort instead. WL is a deluxe with a smaller price tag

Just got back from POFQ a few weeks ago and 10 days before that I stayed at Beach Club. I think my question would be how much resort time do you think you will need? Do you plan on eating at O'Hana or spending a lot of time at the pool? The bus ride to the MK from POFQ is only about 10 minutes which is longer than the monorail ride but if you go to the park and stay that shouldn't be a big deal. The rooms are bigger at the Poly plus you will have a balcony but are those something you use?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter