Resort Check In Question

crcurton

DISser since 2001
Do older teens need to show ID at Check In? Do they need to show ID or birth certificate at airport?

at resort - no (unless they are 18 or 19 and you have a room in their name) - only the "owner" of the reservation needs ID and needs to be present (if you have free dining then all your party needs to present at check-in)

airport - yes, they will need ID. I don't know at what age they start requiring PHOTO ID, but most kids should have some form of photo ID by that time.

It appears that passengers 18 and older need to show ID at the security checkpoint. This is from the TSA's site:

ID Requirements for Airport Checkpoints

If the teen is younger than 18, and they have a school ID or any form of photo ID, I'd have them bring it, just in case.

On our trip two weeks ago, ds17 was never asked for ID (he does have one though). Not at airport or hotel. When I asked at the airline counter, was told sometimes TSA agents ask, sometimes they don't, depends on the agent.

At the airport they don't need to show id until they are legal age (18). However my daughter who is 17 frequently travels by herself and always carries id because looking at her most people think she is 20 or 21.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter