Resort board pet peeves?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by blackacex2, Feb 15, 2013.

1. blackacex2

blackacex2 Mouseketeer

Mine are the use of acronyms for evvvverything - yo I was at CR in the CL after I got back from F! with my DH and DS and DD (8) then we went to MK via the TTC. MNSSHP was happening and it was cool to get a snack with the DDxDP. Favorite snack was from ASM better than most TS offerings, Headed to AKL with DH tomorrow for KS hope it's awesome! Then finish up at B&C at the BC don't even need an ADR! YMMV IMHO! Make sure you get the SV at AKL if renting DVC. Pass the ROFR before contract is valid! SSR and OKW FTW! AoA! SAB is awesome and so close to the IG!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. blackacex2

blackacex2 Mouseketeer

Don't forget to have a BLT and watch the MSEP and then head over for EMH to ride SM. CP is the best character breakfast!

4. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

Thank you for this thread!

Mine are, "Talk me into..." or "Talk me out of..." a certain resort.

5. blackacex2

blackacex2 Mouseketeer

Lol I have been guilty of similar posts. I also laugh at the posts where people are like "had the worst experience ever because my family of 25 with six connecting rooms seven food allergies and my 2 grandparents with severe dementia did not get all,of their requests honored and I had to walk down a hallway to get to my room instead of being teleported there"

6. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

So, what's the problem??

7. owl0306

owl0306 Mouseketeer

it is quicker especially on a phone.

8. 4everGoofy

4everGoofy Mouseketeer

9. blackacex2

blackacex2 Mouseketeer

Not very user friendly. When I first started to see DH and DD on this board I was so confused, and when I learned what it
    meant I thought "gee, is this place run by grannies" yes dear!

10. keri125

keri125 Mouseketeer

LOL!! ...oh wait...:laughing:

11. melissarose

melissarose DIS Veteran

hilarious! i hate this also. i refuse to use the term DBF and instead refer to him as my boyfriend.

12. Deb & Bill

So use this: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1660743

It's on the "Welcome to the DIS" board

13. Sandi

Sandi A proud Spartans fan.

I'm with you! There was one today styled "sell me on . . ." And in thinking, no -- I like that place and the fewer people who do, the less crowded it will be.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

14. blackacex2

blackacex2 Mouseketeer

Good for you! =) Another pet peeve I have is referring people to a 400 page resort thread to find an answer to a question. That takes forever!

15. Dizzytime

Dizzytime DIS Veteran

YES!
    And any thread title that comes across as a demand....like Convince Me, Sell Me, Make Me, Tell Me, Show Me...whatever, usually without even a 'please' attached really gets me.
    I've had a lot of help from this forum and understand why people ask questions, and am always happy to give thoughts that may be helpful, but there is a polite way to ask and otherwise it sure doesn't motivate me to reply at all.

Great topic!

:goodvibes

16. bennifer

bennifer Mouseketeer

All of the above! I've been so confused with all the acronyms. I still don't know what half of them mean!!!

17. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

I get annoyed when I find blatant liars on the thread....I have seen several instances when certain posters are on several different threads and asking questions that are contradictory to information they have provided in other threads....and clearly, they are just trying to scheme for the best deal for their trip but being totally shady about it. :confused3

The "Tell Me, Show Me, Convince Me" titles bother me too...:lmao:
    Please would be nice.

And, could we get one more "is it worth it" thread??? Hey..I've done it too, but I have since realized that you really just need to experience it for yourself to know of it's worth it, or at least list what you value...so we can tell you if we think it would be worth it, based on your criteria. :rolleyes1

18. croach

croach Mouseketeer

So be my DBFF and sell me on these abbreviations.;):lmao:

19. Deb & Bill

If it is a very general question, you should do a little homework. At least say, that you've tried the Search function, but couldn't find what you were looking for.

But if it is a very specific question, ask and see what people say. Just don't come across as being too darned lazy to find something. That's what bothers me. Along with questions so general that you can't even figure out what the poster is asking. Like "Tell me about DVC". What do you want to know about DVC?

But the one that bothers me is the person who posts "Subscribing to the thread". You don't need to post to subscribe to the thread. Just use the thread tools.

20. Rileyf

Rileyf Earning My Ears

Yes, and if your outsider and you ask a question they ignore you. It's like they have there own special club where they only speak to each other.

21. blackacex2

blackacex2 Mouseketeer

I agree you should do some research on your own, definitely. I think my main pet peeve in all of the DIS is the limitation of posts per page (although I do understand the need for those limitations.)