Resort and ex-husband dilemma...

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by fairytalewishes, Oct 8, 2013.

1. fairytalewishes

fairytalewishes Earning My Ears

Hello! This is my very first post but I have I have lurked for years lol! I need some advice on planning which resort to book for June. Here's a little backround info that has added to my dilemma...I got divorced almost 3 years ago. It will be me, my bf and my 2dd (14yo and 16yo). Before I got divorced my ex husband and I were married at Poly. We visited several times as a family staying off property but within the last 5-8 years have stayed at AK, and POR. Now the problem...I really love AK, Poly and POR but I don't know how the girls would feel about staying there and I don't know how to or if I even should bring it up. Any advice or other recommendations?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. patty57

patty57 DIS Veteran

I think they are old enough that you should ask them what they want to do.

4. Tigger's ally

Tigger's ally Segway test dummy

I agree, ask them....and if you want to make it different, rent points at the new AK---Kidani. Similar yet different.

5. TagsMissy

TagsMissy It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

They are definitely old enough.... plan the trip together as a family, maybe they'll surprise you and bring up a resort you hadn't even thought of that they'd want to consider trying. Or maybe they have their heart set on AKL or Poly, either way don't assume what their thoughts may be.

6. karenklo

karenklo DIS Veteran

Stayed at the Poly in 2006 with my now EX and this year with my current (and wonderful!!) husband. My DH or DSs never thought anything weird about it. Now I wasn't married there, but it is WDW and the Poly is a great place to make new memories! :thumbsup2

7. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

Only you know how (or if) your children would have any reaction. I'd suggest that you just ask them which resort they'd like to stay in and why. If they don't act like they have a problem with staying there, then I wouldn't worry about it any longer.

8. DevonsDisneyMom

DevonsDisneyMom DIS Veteran

I say stay somewhere completely new.... A resort none of you have stayed at in the past and create new Disney memories:)

9. Gorechick

Gorechick DIS Veteran

I agree to talk to them and get their input. I had a honeymoon with my first husband at POR and stayed in Parterre Place. When I remarried, I had a honeymoon at WDW and just had family trip in 2012 at POR with a room in Parterre Place. You make new memories.

10. Princess Disney Mom

Princess Disney Mom DIS Veteran

11. iheartgoofy

iheartgoofy Earning My Ears

I agree! Make some new memories... great advice :)

12. mevelandry

mevelandry DIS Veteran

Exactly what I was thinking. Avoiding places that remind them stuff they wanna forget doesn't help people heal. Creating new memories will. :)

I am 99.9% sure you won't think about it for a very long time.

13. fairytalewishes

fairytalewishes Earning My Ears

Thank you all so very much for the great advice! I asked them tonite where they would like to stay and they both said AK! I guess I was thinking it would be more of an issue than it really was! Thank you again!

14. mevelandry

mevelandry DIS Veteran

AKL it is!!! :cool1: