Residence inn-sea world

Ruth B

DIS Veteran
Hello all,
I am staying at RI-SW for 5 Nights in aug.
has anyone stayed at this hotel who could answer a few questions?.

Firstly, i have read mixed report to if you can walk to SW frm the hotel? has anyone done it and survived?( read that crossing the rd isn't that easy!)
Would you suggest using the shuttle bus instead?

Is there any grocery stores near by?(wall-mark etc) or resturants that are walkable?
I am travelling with my DS 11 and haven't hired a car
any help would be great
thanks
Ruth
:thumbsup2

Ruth B said:
Hello all,

Firstly, i have read mixed report to if you can walk to SW frm the hotel? has anyone done it and survived?( read that crossing the rd isn't that easy!)

Is there any grocery stores near by?(wall-mark etc) or resturants that are walkable?
any help would be great
thanks
Ruth
PS..... do they do a grocer delivery service?( sure i have read that somewhere?) :rolleyes:

Hi, Ruth. We stayed there last December and I posted here about the place. Nice place for families but it's not near retail or restaurants.

You can walk to Seaworld if you're walking people (I find some people make nothing of a 2-mile walk and others look like you're crazy if you suggest going more than 2 blocks without motorized transport!) The first little bit isn't ideal, as I remember (no sidewalk) but there are no places where you have to cross multiple lanes of traffic or anything, and once you get on the street that Seaworld is on, it's shaded by trees and there's a sidewalk for much of the way. longish walk but perfectly doable for you and an 11-year-old. You could always get a taxi for the trip home if you're tired.

No nearby restaurants or Walmarts. Onsite has a poolside place that does nice sandwiches, burgers, pizza, wraps and the like. Not cheap, not outrageously expensive. There are some food items in the little shop... yogurt, pint cartons of milk, juice, prepared salads and sandwiches.
When we were there, the hotel was offering free grocery delivery... leave them a list in the morning, it's in your room by evening and you pay just what the groceries cost.

The complimentary breakfast buffet was really nice. Real food, eggs and bacon and waffles and fruit in addition to the bagels and muffins and toast.

I think you should call the hotel directly to ask about the grocery delivery and about what food is available and when at the hotel. Who knows, since December there might have been a change.

Have a great trip!

Thanks for the information on the hotel. I emiled the hotel and they said they still did a delivery servicve so that great!. I think we will try the walk to seaworld but taxi home is a good idea. Best wishes
Ruth

Ruth B said:
Hello all,

any help would be great
thanks
Ruth

We will be there for 2 nights this Sunday through Tuesday - I've read the best reviews on tripadvisor that I've ever read for a hotel ever. I will let you know - but judging by their web-site and having stayed in several REsidence Inns - I don't see how you can go wrong. The b-fasts are fabulous, every week night they have a happy hour thing - free appetizers 1/2 price beers, free soda. As you know they have the grocery delivery service thing. Like I said - I'll let you know how much we loved it.

Also we are driving there from Chicago - we are not telling the kids that we are in Orlando, then Tuesday morning DH and I are going to act like we have another full day on the road when we are really just miles away - I can't wait to see their little faces as we pull into WDW

Cindy's Mom said:
We will be there for 2 nights this Sunday through Tuesday - I've read the best reviews on tripadvisor that I've ever read for a hotel ever. I will let you know - but judging by their web-site and having stayed in several REsidence Inns - I don't see how you can go wrong. The b-fasts are fabulous, every week night they have a happy hour thing - free appetizers 1/2 price beers, free soda. As you know they have the grocery delivery service thing. Like I said - I'll let you know how much we loved it.

Also we are driving there from Chicago - we are not telling the kids that we are in Orlando, then Tuesday morning DH and I are going to act like we have another full day on the road when we are really just miles away - I can't wait to see their little faces as we pull into WDW

I hope you have a lovely holiday. What a lovely way to surprise you kids!

I booked the RI for the same reason but after reading the boards i became concerned about the walk to Seaworld.
It would be great top hear what you throught about it- if you notice, can you let me know if you order grocery delivery from a list of products ( i'm a bit unsure on what brands to order as from the UK so some names are diff, so this would be easier) and if there is a wallmark( or another similar store) anywhere near? :sunny:
have a great time
best wishes
Ruth

We just stayed at the Residence Inn/SeaWorld April 30-May 3rd.....we normally stay at WDW on site so we never rented a car before....this trip we did & were really glad....nothing is very far, but too far to walk....we did get a great rate with Alamo....there is a shuttle from the hotel to SW but it only left one time in the morning & returned one time in the early evening....a cab might be the way to go...I can't imagine it being more than $5 each way....we thought the hotel was lovely....very pretty lobby & very nice people at the desk....the breakfast was delicious....it was served until 9:30 a.m.....the pool area was nice & there is a volleyball court nearby....there are some items to eat poolside, but we were not impressed with the guy at the bar or the food.....the room was a one bedroom suite....plenty of room for the 4 of us....we went to the store to get beverages & some snacky stuff, so the full-size fridge came in handy.....have a great time.....and disney is just 15 minutes by car down the road.....Susan

Thanks for the info-think a taxi is going to be the way to go for seaworld. looking forward to the hotel:-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter