Reserving a room through Orbitz

Our very first trip we booked a garden wing through Disney directly at CR. Orbitz had a cheaper price for a MK view- we jumped on it. This was WAY before MDE and all that jazz but it sounds like they have all that taken care of!

I used Orbitz on my trip in May. Originally I had a split stay with two nights in a studio at AKV and 3 nights in studio at BWV. My son and DIL decided to join me and I found a 1 bdrm at AKV through Disney with my AP discount that was only a total of $100 more so I cancelled Orbitz and went through Disney on that leg. At the time I booked Disney was offering a 30% discount then Orbitz was offering a 15% on top of that, then I got to apply my Orbitz bucks earned on the AKV leg toward my BWV leg. When we switched over to BWV we decided we wanted to add another night, no go through Disney since I booked it through Orbitz. I ended up having to call Disney and booking one night through them using my AP discount, Disney was no longer giving the 30% discount to everyone so it was cheaper to go through them than Orbitz since I was only going to get a 15% discount through Orbitz. Would I book through Orbitz again? If the price was right, most likely. You can't change your room type through Disney if you book through Orbitz, things like upgrading to a 1 bdrm which you can do through Disney. You have to cancel and rebook with Orbitz.

This was not true for us. We had paid for a garden view room and got a free upgrade to a lagoon view room. I was very pleased about that. because I had been worried that I would get a bad room, too, and we ended up getting a great room. :)

Same experience here. We booked a standard room at the Poly with Orbitz in November. We checked in and saw this!image.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter