Reserving a room through Orbitz

Donald Duck888

DIS Veteran
Title stated my basic question. Orbitz has Disney rooms at a bit of a discount over direct through Disney right now. I will not be using dining plan as it is just myself and my 8yr old daughter so it makes more sense to look for a room only discount. I know Disney may come out with a room only for December (when we are going) but when will it come out is the question. I also know that free dining encompasses part of our time there so I want to be sure to get dining reservations at 180 day opening as i know they book up fast during free dining. So i don't want to be in a holding pattern waiting for Disney to release room only discounts.

Just wondering if any on here have gone through Orbitz and if it was a good or bad experience.

Thanks

I went through Orbitz for part of our stay one year. It was fine. Have you used Orbitz before? It is reputable and there are no worries - you'll have a room! You'll be able to link your reservation to MDE for your FPPs. And we didn't even have to change rooms when we moved to the part of the reservation made through Disney. I didn't have any issues at all. I had to sign up online for Magical Express.

We booked our July trip through Orbitz and it was very smooth and a great experience. Saved us a few hundred dollars booking with Orbitz.

Hi Lisa, I have used Orbitz in the past and been very satisfied, just have not used it for Disney resorts before. I just did not know how well it integrated with all the other stuff besides the room, like MDE, fastpass+ and all that other stuff. Thanks for the info on some of those questions.

Hi Indy, Thanks for the info I am glad to hear it was a good experience for you. I am very tempted to go that route the only reservations I have are the ones I just listed plus the fact of having to pay all upfront.

Donald, we were skeptical at first too. There is something to be said about comfort when going through Disney. However, when we realized we were going to save some money we decided to try it. My wife does all the booking but I pointed her in the right direction and I'd say within 10 minutes we were booked. I believe you get two emails from Orbitz. One is immediate stating you booked through them with your reservation number. The second one comes within 24 hours with your number to link to MDE. Once my wife got that email we were hooked up to MDE in less than 5 minutes and it showed up immediately on our MDE. You then can start booking everything else if you are within your window. After this, we will probably book through Orbitz from now on. If you have any questions during your booking, post it here as many others go this route. This is how we found out about it.

We had a great experience booking through Orbitz as well. Are you familiar with their promo codes? I'm not up to speed on current codes, but you could save even more on top of the discounted room.

sounds like several people have had things work out pretty well using Orbitz for Disney reservations. That is good to hear, perhaps I will give it a try.

Hi,
We've also had great experiences with Orbitz for Disney resorts. PP gave good advice about linking your reservation in MDE. Had no issues with it at all! Just remember to go into your Magicbands and Cards link and update your address, as Orbitz's address will show instead of yours ( I think it's a Chicago address). Anyway, update that address to yours so you get your Magic Bands! we actually have an Orbitz stay at Disney coming up in September. Enjoy!

I had great success booking with Orbitz for our May trip, however, I just checked prices with their latest 15% off discount to find that the savings were capped at $150. Hopefully the cap disappears when the promotion is over. :(

I use Orbitz for EVERY trip now.:)

With a code,their price is ALWAYS significantly less than my Passholder rate.:)

I had great success booking with Orbitz for our May trip, however, I just checked prices with their latest 15% off discount to find that the savings were capped at $150. Hopefully the cap disappears when the promotion is over. :(
To get around the maximum $150 discount, you can always do two different back-to-back reservations. There are currently two promo codes out there, right now; so, use a different code for each reservation. That would double the max discount up to $300.

As someone else mentioned, total payment must be made at time of reservation. The same cancellation notice as Disney's applies, with a minimum five day notice required for a full refund. Also, if you need to modify, you need to cancel and re-book.

Orbitz is able to place special room requests. Just place a call to Orbitz, confirmation number in-hand, and they will contact Disney with your room requests, no more than a week prior to arrival.

I have never had a problem using Orbitz.

Recently there was a post stating that when you book through a site like Orbitz, your room requests are given the last priority. Just something to be aware of.

something to keep in mind, I have used Orbitz for many other trips (not Disney) but during my last trip we checked out a day early. Because of using Orbitz and not giving 30 days notice of checking out early I was instructed to take it up with Orbitz so I did and they would not refund the final unused day under Orbitz policy's. Really it was no big deal for us but something to remember if we ever wanted to book a big trip like maybe Disney, what would happen to my fees if the trip had a last minute emergency cancellation and could not go. Not sure if they have cancellation insurance like most other travel agencies.

Just cover your basis and hope all turns out fine, enjoy your trip!!! \m/

something to keep in mind, I have used Orbitz for many other trips (not Disney) but during my last trip we checked out a day early. Because of using Orbitz and not giving 30 days notice of checking out early I was instructed to take it up with Orbitz so I did and they would not refund the final unused day under Orbitz policy's. Really it was no big deal for us but something to remember if we ever wanted to book a big trip like maybe Disney, what would happen to my fees if the trip had a last minute emergency cancellation and could not go. Not sure if they have cancellation insurance like most other travel agencies.

Just cover your basis and hope all turns out fine, enjoy your trip!!! \m/
This is an understandable concern. However, there are many third-party insurance companies that sell trip insurance, regardless of who you book your trip through.

Used Orbitz for our trip in December and just used it again this morning for our W&D half marathon trip in November. :) Already linked up in MDE.

Recently there was a post stating that when you book through a site like Orbitz, your room requests are given the last priority. Just something to be aware of.
I wouldn't be completely shocked if this is true, but still a little surprised. How credible was the source?

Not true.

I get my room requests every time-in fact,I received a FREE upgrade for my April trip..

It would be HORRIBLE business if Disney did that!

Last edited:
Orbitz is able to place special room requests. Just place a call to Orbitz, confirmation number in-hand, and they will contact Disney with your room requests, no more than a week prior to arrival.

Just contact Orbitz and request your 12 digit Disney # and you can make your requests directly with Disney.

This was not true for us. We had paid for a garden view room and got a free upgrade to a lagoon view room. I was very pleased about that. because I had been worried that I would get a bad room, too, and we ended up getting a great room. :)

This was not true for us. We had paid for a garden view room and got a free upgrade to a lagoon view room. I was very pleased about that. because I had been worried that I would get a bad room, too, and we ended up getting a great room. :)

That is awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter