Reservations question

RysMomma

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

I'm going with my family in August. We are doing two days in the parks, then the four night cruise on the Dream, then the parks again. I can make my ADRs on February 22nd. Will I be able to make them for both pre and post cruise? Thanks!

Are you staying onsite during your park days? Also are your reservations between park days and cruise days linked? I didn't think you could link them but I am not sure...if they are not linked and you have separate reservation confirmation numbers then you will only be able to book your ADRs for the 2 days prior to the cruise on the 22nd. Then when you are at 180 days from check in when you get back from the cruise you can make the reservations for the rest of the trip. It really depends on if your trips are linked or counting as separate trips on MDE and also depends if you are staying on site or not

Been there, done that many times.
Different reservation numbers, different booking dates.

Since you can make adrs for up to 10 days after your check in date, you should be able to make reservations for up to 4 days after your cruise. If I am understanding your situation correctly.

Since you can make adrs for up to 10 days after your check in date, you should be able to make reservations for up to 4 days after your cruise. If I am understanding your situation correctly.

The system does not work like that. you can make ADRs for 180 + length of stay for a maximum of 10 days. If you check out after 2 days you can only make 2 days dining reservations and the rest at 180 days from your second reservation. You need a 10 day reservation to do 180+10

Last edited:
The system does not work like that. you can make ADRs for 180 + length of stay for a maximum of 10 days. If you check out after 2 days you can only make 2 days dining reservations and the rest at 180 days from your second reservation. You need a 10 day reservation to do 180+10
Ah. Sorry. I didn't know that. Thanks.

Ah. Sorry. I didn't know that. Thanks.
It didn't used to be that way so you are probably remembering the prior system. Until a couple of years ago you could get a room for one night and book for 10 days. They changed over to block out the days after your checkout.

Nice. We are doing 2 days in parks, 3 day cruise and 4 days back in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter