Reservations for foreigners

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by chizLemons, Jan 11, 2013.

1. chizLemons

chizLemons Earning My Ears

So, my mom is amazing and won a 6 day trip to WDW from a contest on facebook! She's going with my dad and I'm helping them plan everything. :goodvibes
    Anyway, she's trying to make restaurant reservations now for her trip on Feb. 26th, but is having trouble because they're asking for a valid cellphone number on the US (we're in Brazil). Is there any way to go around that or maybe you don't need the number at all? I thought about calling them directly but she doesn't speak english very well.

Thank you! :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. starrysky

starrysky DIS Veteran

Being from the uk we have the same issue so we put it in with the international dialling code so for the uk it's 00 44 or +44 as some websites don't like the 00. Once i figured that out it was fie :)

4. chizLemons

chizLemons Earning My Ears

So it's pretty simple! :) thank you!!

5. dsanner106

dsanner106 DIS Veteran DVC Gold

They honestly take that number for emergencies, but I am not aware of anyone actually getting a call from disney about a dinner res. I just gave my cell phone number for some family from abroad to use when making their reservations and assumed that if I did get a call I could forward the info to them myself. It worked perfectly. Never had to do anything.

Drew

6. starrysky

starrysky DIS Veteran

Yes once I got that bit sorted out no problem. I booked all of our ADRS online

7. LucyBC80

LucyBC80 DIS Veteran

Hello fellow Brazilian!

The new website does not accept any number that is not a ten digit number so you won't be able to input your cel or home number. I've been using Disney's number to book all of my ADR and that's working. Try 407 939-7675.

I've emailed Disney about this specific problem and their response was "we're working on the website accepting different phone numbers."
    :confused:

If you have any questions, fell free to pm me!

8. Cyrano

Cyrano Moderator Moderator

I am going to move this to the Dining board where restaurant and dining threads are posted.

Please post any questions about planning you your park days in Theme Park Attractions board :goodvibes

9. mousermerf

mousermerf DIS Veteran

Just a note - the phone number is the secondary piece of information they use to pull up reservations in the event that you've lost the confirmation number. So, if you make something up, make sure you remember it.

10. Kaspar Houser

Kaspar Houser Mouseketeer

We get a phone-call every time we book at Victoria& Albert's.

About ten days before the reservation we get a call. The fist time I was just fitting a jeans in a store and I could not get my phone fast enough.:lmao:
    I will never forget that.
    So even if youre from abroad they are able to get into contact so no sweat.

11. Flossbolna

Flossbolna Sea days are just so relaxing!

I always use the phone number of the hotel I am staying in while at Disney. So they could theoretically reach me there if necessary.