Reservations for 5 hard to find?

Dreamer & Wisher

DIS Veteran
We are are a family of 5 and I have been trying to make our ADR's but haven't been able to find many that are for all 5 of us. Most of the time I am only able to find an ADR for 4. Of our 5 reservations only 2 of them are for all 5 of us.

Our trip is coming up this weekend and I haven't been able to modify or adjust any of them. Will we have issues at the restaurants?

Last edited:
Are you saying that some of your reservations are only for 3 or 4 people but you will be showing up with 5 people? Or are you saying that you have reservations at the same time for 2 people and another for 3 people? The first scenario will not work, the second one is fine. A lot of places will simply turn you away and then you would be paying the no show fee. Have you tried searching for 6 people instead? Sometimes even numbers are easier to find.

I always started searching for an ADR for 5
If I didn't find one, I would try searching for an ADR for 6
If that didn't work I would try searching for an ADR for 4

We have reservations for 5 at The Boathouse and The Biergarten

I have tried searching for new reservation for 5 to replace the reservations for 4 (at the same restaurant) I have called the Disney Dining phone number and asked to change it. And I haven't been able to change them.

it sounds ridiculous but go up to a bigger party, like 7. its way easier to tell them you don't have people coming than to add people into a reservation. On one trip in particular, we made reservations for 5 people, but at the last minute 3 could not make the trip. Myself and my friend had no problem telling the restaurants that there were only 2 people instead of 5. We were never turned away and were not charged for the guests that did not show up.

it sounds ridiculous but go up to a bigger party, like 7. its way easier to tell them you don't have people coming than to add people into a reservation. On one trip in particular, we made reservations for 5 people, but at the last minute 3 could not make the trip. Myself and my friend had no problem telling the restaurants that there were only 2 people instead of 5. We were never turned away and were not charged for the guests that did not show up.
I understand if people can't be there last minute, but if you know you won't have that many, and you overbook, aren't you cheating someone with two or three out of booking a reservation?

I understand if people can't be there last minute, but if you know you won't have that many, and you overbook, aren't you cheating someone with two or three out of booking a reservation?

Not exactly. Disney Dining books by tables, not by the number of people they can fit in a restaurant at one time. So they may have a 4 top table open and an 8 top table open. If you book for 7 you would get the 8 top table. A party of two or three would not be able to get a reservation for an 8 top table, but would be able to grab a 4 top table. That sounded really confusing. If you need a reservation for 1 person and all that the restaurant has left is an 8 top table it would show unavailable when you searched. But, a reservation may show available for someone searching for a party of 7 or 8.

We are going in Dec with a party of 8, and we did not book our trip in time for 180 days. I was stressed we weren't going to eat anywhere, but as of today, we have most of our desired restaurants (be our guest for dinner, akershus for dinner, minnie's holiday and dine, chef mickey for breakfast, among others) for a party of 8. still hoping for cinderella's and the wishes fireworks :) Anyhow, when we were booking, I've had several agents tell me it was going to be impossible, but we have most and many planning days to work with

Try again the night before each ADR for possible cancellations. Yes, I'd expect issues and longer waits if they're able to fit you in.

I have always found 5 to be harder to reserve. In oast trips I have always booked 4 and called to add 1. This trip I have had zero luck with that.

We are a party of 5 (counting our infant) I have been looking for parties of 5 and not having the best of luck. I have recently started searching for parties of 6 and better times are showing up but unfortunately still not getting some hard to get restaurants.

We are a party of 5 going the week of 11/15 and lucky for us we booked in time for the 180 window. Initially, I did not get all the reservations I wanted but don't loose heart. Keep checking. As it gets closers to your time to go something may open up. I also agree with searching for a larger dining party. Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter