Reservation in Oct/Nov...Just purchased Resale

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by jaimelynn476, Apr 29, 2013.

1. jaimelynn476

jaimelynn476 Earning My Ears

We are in the process of purchasing a resale DVC with OKW as our home base. We were told it will take 45-60 days to close. It has been about 10 days. We were planning on going to Disney World at the end of Oct/beginning of Nov. We have 8 people, so we need a 2 br villa. We did not realize that we would not be able to request a reservation until this closed (in 2 months). I am finding out now how difficult it may be to get a 2 bedroom villa. If we are able to reserve in June, is there any chance that we will be able to get one?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lindabobinda

Lindabobinda Earning My Ears

I am certainly no expert, but we had a similar situation when we purchased our DVC in the secondary market over a year ago. We wanted to travel in October, but were well within the 7 month booking period by the time all of the closing and paperwork was completed. We were not able to get our home resort. Saratoga Springs was the only resort available. We decided to delay our trip as we REALLY wanted to stay in our home resort on the first trip. We ended up traveling in January.

Good luck. I hope that you find reservations that make you happy.

4. e46m3

e46m3 Mouseketeer

You can rent points to make your reservation now and when you close on your contact you can rent out your points for the same amount so it will be a wash.

5. drusba

drusba <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

It is likely that only thing that will be available is SSR if anything is. Besides that you will be well beyond the 7 month window, you will also be seeking a reservation during a time of year that is a high DVC demand time.

6. lovin'fl

lovin'fl DIS Veteran

I think you may be able to get SSR and you can wait list 2 places. SSR, AKV and OKW are the largest resorts and will give you the best chances. And it's about 2 months from the time you make your offer until you can use your points to book...if you are using one of the quick brokers and there are no snafus along the way. Hope it goes extra quick for you!

7. JessLCH

JessLCH DIS Veteran

We are in a similar situation, though I realized this before we started looking to purchase. We will likely either make a regular cash reservation or delay our trip.

Is it possible to make a cash reservation on another DVC resort when everything except SS on points is "sold out?" Explain how the cash reservation thing works with DVC. I don't quite understand it. Thanks.

8. drusba

Disney gets inventory to rent for cash by owning a small percentage of the resort and by trade-outs by DVC members. What it holds to rent is not available for use via points. As a result, you can can often find rooms for rent through Disney when nothing is available for points.

9. JessLCH

JessLCH DIS Veteran

What is the cash discount rate for DVC members?

10. MoreTravels

MoreTravels Mouseketeer

Still very expensive... something close to $1000 per night for 2 bedroom suite. I really don't see DVC cash rate as a discount rate. You might as well rent DVC point or get main resort room with 30% off / free dining plan, depending on the promotion at the time you book.

11. drusba

The DVC cash discount is 25% off rack rate when a room is available. That availability is kind of its own category because it is often not available even if cash rooms are available through Disney's central reservations office. Also, the discounted DVC rate can sometimes be more than a discounted rate Disney may be giving through CRO.

12. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Inventory that is sold for cash includes points members use to trade out of DVC for Disney vacations like the Disney Cruise line, Adventures by Disney, etc. DVC has to pay for those non-DVC trips some way.

13. TheDalys

TheDalys Mouseketeer

Personally, i think if your sale goes smoothly and you have your points by June,,mid June, you will be good at either Old Key West, SSR or Animal Kingdom.

We did a 5 month ok booking for a 2 bdrm at SSR, on our last trip and go it.