Resale question?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by disfanforlife, Mar 13, 2013.

  1. disfanforlife

    disfanforlife DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2006
    Messages:
    1,965
    I was looking at a listing that has 2013 points available but owner can not close until 9/13. Does that mean if I make an offer and it is accepted I can not make a reservation until after 9/13? Or can I ask the current owner to make a reservation for November me so I have that in place in the meantime? Also if it is a different use year does that mean I can not make a reservation with all my points pooled even if it is after the 7 month point?
     
  2. Avatar

    DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.



    to hide this adverts.
  3. Missyrose

    Missyrose DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2009
    Messages:
    7,657
    1. You will not close on the contract until after that September date (they probably have a reservation for September). You cannot make a reservation until the contract has been transferred to your name in the Disney system, which will happen within a couple of weeks after closing.

    2. Nope, any pending reservations will be wiped out when the contract is sold.

    3. Different UY will mean a different membership number. You'll be able to see both memberships in your one DVC log-in, but to use points from both at 7 months, you'd have to transfer from one membership to another. Or you can book x nights using contract A and x nights using contract B.
     
  4. Deb & Bill

    Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2000
    Messages:
    44,986
    What's the UY on that contract? If it is Oct, Dec, then you won't even be in the 2013 UY when you close yet.

    And if you want November, that needs to be booked now. You might even be too late for what you want in Nov at this date.
     
  5. WebmasterDoc

    WebmasterDoc Administrator Administrator

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 1998
    Messages:
    31,797
    The reason the closing "can"t" be before 9/13 is that the seller has a reservation involving that date which would be canceled if the closing is prior to then.

    As noted, you won't likely be in the system and have your points available for a couple of weeks after closing/deed recorded/info sent to DVC/points loaded into your account/membership info has been sent to you. You may not be able to make a reservation until early-mid October.

    Good luck!
     
  6. disfanforlife

    disfanforlife DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2006
    Messages:
    1,965
    The UY is Feb. There are just a lot of unknowns with resale. We already have a ressie for Nov. But if we were to add on I thought maybe we could stay longer or do a split stay at the "other" resort. I also wanted to be armed with as much knowledge as possible. I feel comfortable knowing the ins and outs of what we already own which was bought direct. But, I didn't know what all of the difference were with buying resale. I think I do understand now.
     
  7. disfanforlife

    disfanforlife DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2006
    Messages:
    1,965
    In that case, I think I might wait on making an offer on a contract until after March 20th. I don't want to have something hanging in limbo until I know if there are going to be more changes or restrictions after that date.
     
  8. disfanforlife

    disfanforlife DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2006
    Messages:
    1,965
    Thank you for the information. I love being able to come here and ask a question and have so many helpful people answer me! :)
     
  9. Deb & Bill

    Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2000
    Messages:
    44,986
    If the owners won't close until September and it still has all the 2013 points, they may need to bank them.

    But I would look for a different contract that would be more useful to me.
     

Share This Page