Resale Purchase Timeframe

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by buckeyejennifer, Mar 7, 2013.

1. buckeyejennifer

buckeyejennifer Mouseketeer

Hi All! My parents just closed on their resale contract on Monday of this week (this is their first purchase into DVC). How long does it usually take to be listed in the system? They are going to HHI in a few weeks (on our points) and are hoping to have their member cards when they go. Also, how long until they receive their member packets? Do resale members get the magazine and other promotional materials, just like those of us who bought direct? Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. kenly777

kenly777 Mouseketeer

I would like to see these answers too. I closed on 2/26 and now I am not so patiently waiting...

4. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

It can take up to 10 days or two weeks for Disney to input new resale contracts into the system. And it will take another couple of weeks for them to get their member packet in the mail.

5. kenly777

kenly777 Mouseketeer

Update: Received deed from title company, letter from dvc with membership number, and e-mail from dvc website with sign up pin all in one day (3/11). This was exactly two weeks after closing. I did have to call to get my club # to officially sign up, but my first trip is already booked!!!

6. dbs1228

dbs1228 DIS Veteran

Yea that is the best part congrats!:banana: