Resale Prices

Icequeen13

Earning My Ears
Do resale prices go down during certain times of year? We have one contract in ROFR but are looking to add on? I have noticed that some contracts are asking a much higher price per point than average sales for the past 3 months. Is spring/summer a buying season where contracts for sale come at a premium? Currently we are looking at SSR but everything seems to be in the high $70/point range. Starting to wonder if we should look at other resorts or wait until the "off" season when contracts are lower.:confused3

I've found that higher point contracts are bit less expensive than small contracts and LOADED contracts are a bit more than stripped. Time of year doesn't seem to matter much. Everything, in the end, is negotiable.

It's not really about seasonality with DVC for contract pricing in the resale market. It's more about macroeconomic trends and individual resort demand and supply.

I wouldn't lose sleep over a $5-10 difference per point on purchase price, because that's a tiny fraction of the contract term annual maintenance dues.

Base your decision on when you want to first use the contract. If that's over a year away- be patient and seek out the best deal. If it is any sooner than that- find the point total, resort, and UY that best match your needs, and make a fair offer- above what Disney is recently ROFR, and for whatever you're comfortable paying per point.

Your home resort and needed annual point estimate are much more important than absolute lowest price. Rest assured that all but a couple resorts are dramatically cheaper resale than direct, and don't beat yourself up if someone posts that they got a couple dollars less per point than you did.

Thank you for the advice! We are looking to travel March or October 2015. Preferably March but I guess it will all depends on what we find.

Thank you for the advice! We are looking to travel March or October 2015. Preferably March but I guess it will all depends on what we find.

If you're looking for a 2015 trip, please take your time to research the DVC process and find the exact contract that will fit your needs. There are plenty of contracts to go around so don't be too quick to make an offer. Find the right contract at the right time and pursue it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter