resale and then add-on

janischa

Mouseketeer
anyone know the answer to the following question:
If you buy resale, you don't get all the same privileges like using points for cruises and the disney collection; but what if you bought resale and after that added-on points by buying disney direct (is that even possible ?): do the points add to the same member account, meaning you also can use the added-on points for the disney collection ?

for me the disney collection is quite important as it allows me to book relative cheap stays in disneyland paris

I would buy direct if you are planning on using your points outside of DVC. Resales after March 20 2011 are not eligible for use outside of DVC and RCI i believe.

anyone know the answer to the following question:
If you buy resale, you don't get all the same privileges like using points for cruises and the disney collection; but what if you bought resale and after that added-on points by buying disney direct (is that even possible ?): do the points add to the same member account, meaning you also can use the added-on points for the disney collection ?

for me the disney collection is quite important as it allows me to book relative cheap stays in disneyland paris

No. They would be on the same account but different contracts. As mentioned above, ANY points purchased resale after 3/20/11 cannot be used for tradeout for the Disney Collection, etc. I have heard of no exceptions to this.

You can still use RCI with a resale, that has not changed, but please research everything before you buy, especially if you plan to use RCI frequently. We just pulled out of a reasle contract yesterday due to how complicated it is to use RCI.

but the add-ons bought directly, can they be used for the disney collection ea ? i know the resales can't, but what about the add-ons ?

As long as you have enough points in your add on (bought direct from DVC) contract for your entire stay. You cannot combine resale points with your add on points for a Disney collection stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter