Request for Mods concerning "Rental" threads?

bwvBound

DVC SSR & other timeshare
Dear Mods,

Have you considered standing up a separate board for "Questions about DVC Rentals?" This could be a one-stop shop for newbies for asking questions and receiving answers from DVC Members who have an interest in the rental processes.

As it is, I'm finding the mis-titled threads "I need help" (a thread about renting) to be a drag on the existing boards Member Services, Purchasing, Mousecellageous, etc. They simply don't "belong" there ... ?

Thx!

I was new on the boards once too (or new to an aspect of it). It was a learning process. I made mistakes, broke some rules, and have grown through the process.

Do you think that claiming someone else's thread is "a drag" is going to help? This thread has all the makings of a non-constructive conversation (and likely there will be some of this: :duck:)

Do I think calling the thread a drag is going to help? I can only hope. Peer pressure for "fitting the norm" is a powerful tool. If the thread can't have its own home it should at least have a useful title to prevent us from opening it (repeatedly) if it isn't of any interest. Renaming the thread would be an easy and useful action from either the OP or the mods.

The current thread needing help isn't unique or alone. That is why having a proper place, or context, for these types of requests is needed.

Powerful tool has now been defined as damaging- peer pressure does not allow for individuality/ differences/ acceptance of others for who they are. Not everyone is the same, thinks the same, has the same perspective, nor the same education (on the DIS boards or otherwise).
Frustration is understandable, tolerance shows growth and maturity. I'm not sure you will get the results you seek in the manner you have presented it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter