Reporter and Camerman killed on air.

So you went through all that work just show someone on an internet message board MIGHT be wrong?

To be honest, the only brief effort I put in here was summarizing previously done analysis conducted by others. They examined the video, detailed the time stamps, head/hair turn, etc. ;)

So, I guess per the previous posts (discussing gun control is political)..... what about my post indicates gun control? What about my post would raise the question of it being allowed or not?
Seriously?

LOL.

You must be kidding.

fair enough

I had often wondered if any accident or crime was caught on live tv. Usually around here in the middle of winter, reporters are sent on location, which is either ocean side or road side) to report on the storm. I always feared a reporter would be struck by a skidding car in the snow. Obviously in this case, the shooter HAD to have known this would get major national coverage. If not, and he acted "in the moment", then he could have played this out at any time and not waited for the camera to be rolling. I'm not sure if I'm just getting a little older and paying more attention now, or if things like this are actually getting out of control and becoming more frequent. And by this I mean ALL of the hate being discussed (ISIS, race, police, etc).
I've seen a reporter get wiped out by snow from a plow, but since they were ok hat was just humorous. I am surprised that doesn't happen more often.

We're already spending the money. We're just spending it on the prisons we now use to house a large portion of the mentally ill that could be better served if we simply spent it on adequate care outside of those profitable prisons.
We're already spending the money. We're just spending it on the prisons we now use to house a large portion of the mentally ill that could be better served if we simply spent it on adequate care outside of those profitable prisons.

Trust me when I say the prison system isn't a huge beneficiary of mental health expenditures. The "care" is cursory at best.

Trust me when I say the prison system isn't a huge beneficiary of mental health expenditures. The "care" is cursory at best.

Oh, that money isn't spent on real mental health care. The money is spent housing them and giving them the least care possible. Unfortunately, that inadequate care is better than what they'll have access to once released.

Sad thing is that families are ruined due to this. When their loved ones are killed, they are also affected as their lives are forever changed.

A racist? Or just somebody who uses his race to fuel his hate of everyone around him? I think it is easy to arrive at that conclusion, but I do not believe he was a classic textbook racist. He was a professional victim (an "injustice collector" as referenced earlier) who leaned significantly on his own race as cause for injustice.
I agree. He used his race to fuel the hate AND was a professional victim. I wonder, where he learned that behavior and line of thought?

and he's getting exactly what he wanted~attention. With all due respect to the innocent victims, I hope any future media coverage etc. excludes the narcissistic gunman.

and he's getting exactly what he wanted~attention. With all due respect to the innocent victims, I hope any future media coverage etc. excludes the narcissistic gunman.
Megyn Kelly will not mention the names of people who commit these horrific crimes while on the air reporting the story.

On CNN (at least AC360, I'm not sure if all other shows are following the same lead), they have a policy of only mentioning the shooter when it's absolutely necessary. Their coverage honors the victims. Unfortunately there are way too many news outlets that won't take the lead and will still celebrate violence. Remember when Rolling Stone gave Dzokhar Tsarnaev a Jim Morrison-esque front page?

Paranoia is a symptom, not a diagnosis.
I have a close family member whose default position is that every business will try to cheat him out of his money. While that may make him a bit of a misanthrope, that doesn't make him "mentally ill".

Remember when Rolling Stone gave Dzokhar Tsarnaev a Jim Morrison-esque front page?

Yes, and infuriated me and millions of others.

There was karma, however. I remember that right after Tsarnaev got the death penalty, I was very tempted to send a letter to the editors of Rolling Stone thanking them for helping to insure that outcome. For one of the jurors said his core reason for voting for death was that if Tsarnaev got life, he would become a media darling. The way the juror put it was "I didn't trust the defense promises that Dzokhar would be locked away in perpetual isolation; I'm sure that within months of him going into some supermax facility Diane Sawyer would be interviewing him on prime time."

Megyn Kelly will not mention the names of people who commit these horrific crimes while on the air reporting the story.
On CNN (at least AC360, I'm not sure if all other shows are following the same lead), they have a policy of only mentioning the shooter when it's absolutely necessary. Their coverage honors the victims. Unfortunately there are way too many news outlets that won't take the lead and will still celebrate violence. Remember when Rolling Stone gave Dzokhar Tsarnaev a Jim Morrison-esque front page?

good

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter