1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

report on 8a rooms 6514 and 6510

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by KrisannB, Feb 28, 2011.

1. gttwirler

gttwirler Earning My Ears

Looking to book this cat. 8A for next year on the Fantasy. My question is about the noise factor from "The Vibe." Was it noisy? I will be traveling with DH, DS-8, and DD-4.

Thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. afergvip

afergvip Earning My Ears

We have these 2 rooms booked on the Fantasy for May 2013. I'm excited as these rooms seem larger, but I'm a little concerned we could be kicked out of 6510 if its a Handi room? Thoughts?? Also we have 2 kids did you miss the 2nd bathroom??

4. fredgirls

fredgirls DIS Veteran

We were in 6514 in March and it was very quiet.
    We didn't miss the 2nd bathroom at all. You only have one bathroom in a hotel so it was no different. An amazing room!

[​IMG]

5. gfyjny

gfyjny Mouseketeer

We are booked for 6512 and 6514 for our June 7th Sailing on Disney Fantasy. I wanted to know if the shower head in 6512 would pull out or can be lowered. We'll be traveling with a two years old and wanted to know how easy would be for us to give her a bath (with a portable bath tub) or shower.

6. eisena

eisena Mouseketeer

Does 6514 have a tub/shower or shower only?

7. fredgirls

fredgirls DIS Veteran

It has tub and shower.:goodvibes

8. eisena

eisena Mouseketeer

Thank you.

9. Rebfly

Rebfly Earning My Ears

Where is the TV located in these rooms? Is it easily viewable from both the bed and the sofa at the same time?

Im traveling with my husband and 2 kids next year on the Dream. If we all want to watch a program together will we be able to if the kids are on the sofa/bunk while hubby and I are in bed? The past 2 cruies we had regular porthole rooms where the TV was viewable to everyone, but Im thinking of switching my room to one of these layouts for 2014.

Thanks!

Disney Dream 2012
    Disney Magic 2013

10. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

It's my understanding that when DCL first designed the Dream (and the Fantasy uses the same room layout) they had more handicapped accessible rooms planned. However, when all was said and done (and likely some degree of inspection) some of these H/A rooms were no longer considered H/A even though much of the design remains that way. Early versions of the deck plans will show many of these rooms with the wheelchair symbol denoting H/A, but newer deck plans do not. It would appear only 6014 (of the rooms in question on this thread) are officially considered handicapped accessible now.

11. adisneytattoo91

adisneytattoo91 Practically Perfect in Every Way

So 6016 isn't HA? I have that room booked and have no clue what to expect hahahaha

12. GetGlowing

GetGlowing DIS Veteran

13. GetGlowing

GetGlowing DIS Veteran

6512 is a HA cabin and will have the fold-down shower seat and the adjustable hand-held shower head. Go to youtube and search "disney fantasy HA cabin" and you'll get video for 6014 that has some quick glimpses of the bathroom and the shower setup. 6512's should be similar.

14. gfyjny

gfyjny Mouseketeer

Thank you! I'll check out Youtube for the videos.