Repeating outfits and Pirate Night

We do repeat outfits, there is no way we would bring that many pieces of clothing along just to not repeat. We have also brought along pirate clothes in the past, but not sure we will for our upcoming PC cruise. Being it is a 15 night cruise; this trip we will be bringing a little extra clothes so we are not spending all our vacation doing laundry.

Glassslipper...where did you get that pirate dress? love it!

Mommy girl, I hear you about the shoes. Thank goodness black strappy sandals will match nearly anything.

Youalleverybody - Thanks! I got the dress about 5 years ago at a costume store in Salem, MA. It has come in very handy over the years for Halloween and Disney cruises!

Do you ever repeat outfits?

We are going on a seven night eastern cruise. It's my husband and I and our 5 children. I'm hoping that the kids can wear the same outfit twice, for the semi-formal nights, and a different outfit twice (maybe even three times) on the more casual nights. Especially the boys. They HATE to dress up, and will want to change as soon as they are done eating.

I'm a bit overwhelmed thinking about packing 7 nights of "nice" clothes, for 7 people. That's 49 outfits if we don't repeat.

But, I want us to look nice, and I"m REALLY looking forward to having us all dress for dinner. I've been reading the "Show Me Your Formal Wear" thread, and it's just so lovely. Thank you all for sharing your photos.

Also, I've read about Pirate night. Do you wear the Pirate outfits to dinner?

My husband and sons will each wear a pair of dress pants twice, but that's it. I take a ton of pictures and wouldn't want them to be in the same outfit more than one night. On our 7nt in November, I intentionally packed formal wear that could be worn with the same pair of shoes, and then all my other outfits I was able to wear the same black wedge heels. That didn't save a lot of space, but I tried to pretend it did when I was explaining to my husband what a great job I did of minimizing when packing!

Someone above mentioned packing in individual bags...I did this for the first time in November. My disclaimer is that I'm normally very conscious of waste and hate to use plastic, but my 13 year old had a week long class trip in October, and in order to help him stay organized and keep track of his clothes, we packed an outfit per day in each bag. He came home with every single thing he took with him (a huge accomplishment for him), and said that he liked being able to pull out a bag and know that everything was in it that he would need for the day.

So, I used those same Ziploc bags for our trip. I think I had 3 and 5 gallon, and used them in the following ways:1. Swim clothes for the whole family, including hats and sun screen 2. Outfits for each of us the day we got off the ship--this was so great because at 10:55 on Friday night as we were trying to get our suitcases into the hall, we knew we had everything we needed for the next morning. 3. Shoes for all of us. 4. My 3 year old's nighttime clothes for the whole week--this included many extras because she can sometimes be picky and I was afraid she'd refuse to wear something. Also, I thought that if she spilled at dinner, it would be good to have some backup outfits. 5. All of the casual clothes, ie shorts and tshirts for everyone in the family. We don't pack a lot of casual clothes since we tend to live in our bathing suits/cover ups during the day, so this worked out well. 6. Pirate gear for those who wanted to dress up.

I felt much more organized this time in regard to packing, and I know that using the bags was part of why. Having two staterooms also helped too, because I was able to unpack everything and put it in its own place. Of course we still had lots more clothes--a garment bag filled with our formal wear, and a total of four more suitcases and five carryons.... :)

SuzPasq - You raise a really good point about pictures. We have had a problem some years where in the pics for our summer vacations, DH and I are always wearing the same shirts! We both work and so we don't have a ton of casual clothes, but they get brought out year after year for our trips. Once I noticed this I tried to make an extra effort to buy us both some new things for our vacations so we didn't keep saying "oh yea, there's that old pink shirt again..." :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter