Repeat Cruisers, help me make up my mind.

Discussion in 'Podcast Cruises' started by jeanigor, Jun 5, 2009.

?

Which stateroom category should I pick???

1. Keep with the room I am booked. Cat.11, deck 7 aft.

2. "Sideways" Cat 11, deck 5 or 6 foreward.

3. Cat. 10, hopefully deck 5 or 7.

4. Split a Cat 6, deck 6.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jeanigor

jeanigor DIS Veteran

Which of the above choices would you pick to do PCC 2.0?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DVCsince02

DVCsince02 <font color=green><font color=deeppink><marquee>Ev

Just to help me help you, what is your reasoning for these choices?

4. jeanigor

jeanigor DIS Veteran

Price isn't really that much of a factor. All four choices are within $100 of each other.

1) Keeping my current room. Wouldn't hate it. But it would be my least favorite of the four options. Biggest winning point: two decks down from the pop machine. (Basically there for the don't do any of the other options.)

2) Sideways Cat 11. I really liked the way it is laid out. I visited Kim's and it felt very spacious. She did say the bathroom was small and there was noise from the hallways. Neither of which would bother me, I don't think. Also directly above WD Theatre and Route 66. (easier to stumble home at night?)

3) Cat 10. An extra 30 sq ft. Split bathroom. And if I'm luck enough to get one on Deck 7, by some other awesome DISers. Also above Route 66, but this time by elevator for sure!

4) Cat 6 on 6. Thinking about sharing a room again. Already have someone in mind. The lure of a veranda. Biggest winning point: closer proximity to mid-ship.

5. disneyholic family

disneyholic family <font color=teal>Wayne always catches me<br><font

i voted for keeping what you're booked in now, but in truth i think they're all good choices...

here's my reasoning for sticking with the one you have:

it's aft - i prefer aft staterooms to forward staterooms, since the feeling of movement is much less pronounced in the aft of the ship as opposed to the front....

since you suggest sharing a cat 6 with someone, i'm assuming that you'll be going it alone in the cat 11.....for one person the cat 11 is a perfectly good size....the only disadvantage is the lack of a verandah...
    but personally, i'd rather give up a verandah than have to share space with someone......
    especially since on this cruise, you'll probably be out and about much of the time, as opposed to being in your stateroom sitting on the verandah...

6. disneyholic family

ok....now i just read what you wrote...

if you don't mind sharing, then i would definitely go for the cat 6, midship with the verandah
    so i'm changing my vote to that :goodvibes

7. DVCsince02

DVCsince02 <font color=green><font color=deeppink><marquee>Ev

Okay, here goes.

1. You said it's your least favorite choice, so let's rule that out. You are paying a lot of money, so you should be happy.

2. Noise and small bathroom. A small bathroom isn't a big deal if you have it all to yourself. Noise wouldn't bother me, especially since you will be there a very small amount of time.

3. A split bath isn't all that great unless you have kids. I found it to be a pain to go from one to the other with just Chris and I. With kids, I'm sure I'll love it.

4. A roomie can be tricky. Privacy, snoring, etc.

I choose #2.:goodvibes

8. winotracy

winotracy <font color=orange>This is NOT an ask Tracy questi

I'll help you with some of these - probably eliminating some choices. Responses in Red.

9. scarlett873

scarlett873 <font color=hotpink>Surrounded by true friends<br>

My only weigh-in...is we're on deck 6 aft!! :banana:

So if that's important to you...:rolleyes1

Just teasing ya!

If it were me, and $$$ was no object, I would probably opt to go it alone without a roomie. Just my opinion of course...I would probably only do the roomie thing if I knew the other person well enough to feel really comfortable with them.

I really liked the location of an aft cabin! We didn't take advantage of the pop machine and stuff, but I liked not noticing the motion nearly as much! We were near the aft elevators...and it wasn't too bad stumbling "home" after Wavebands each evening...

10. disneyholic family

i agree about the split bath - i hate them...

by the way, on our previous cruises, we've been midship, but the staterooms are all reserved this time, so we'll be much more aft this time....should be interesting...a new point of view..

that is, assuming i get the room....i haven't received a confirmation back yet...but hopefully i will ..

11. parrotheadlois

parrotheadlois DIS Veteran

and we're on Deck 7 aft, so I voted for that! I mean that secret deck on 7 looks perfect for secret parties.

12. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

I've been on only one Disney cruise, and it was in a cat. 6 handicap cabin at the very back of deck 6. I wouldn't mind being in an aft cabin that's close to the aft elevators, but we were too far back.

I feel the seem way about being at the front end of the ship, having just gotten off a Princess ship with a cabin close to the forward elevators. The only thing it was convenient to was the theater 3 decks below. I'd rather be midship or aft.

No point having a split bathroom if you're by yourself!

I have paid for only 1 balcony cabin, and that was on the Wonder at my mom's request. While they're nice to have, when would you have time to enjoy it? I am too cheap to pay for one again! :teeth:

Good luck with your decision.

13. Disneybridein2k3

Disneybridein2k3 I am and I'm not afraid to admit

I voted for the cat 10 for the possibility of a deck 7 before I read Tracy's response. :guilty:

14. tickledtink33

tickledtink33 DIS Veteran

Tracy beat me to telling you all the cat 10's on deck 7 are taken. I wanted to be near my buddies so I took a cat 8. :)

I vote for the cat 11 sideways room.

*You already know you like it
    *You can be on a higher deck 6 or 5 (instead of down on 2 which is farther away from us)
    *Your room will be up only a few decks from route 66
    *You were not in your room nearly enough to take advantage of the balcony
    *With the less expensive room you may not need a cabin mate and will have more privacy.

Just my 2 cents

Oh, almost forgot the most important factor

wait for it..............

Your room won't be in the 10 o'clock corridore. :rolleyes1

15. experiment_627

experiment_627 DIS Veteran

I picked the sideways Cat 11 just because we liked ours so much. Although I would have much preferred to be selfish and stay where you are because we are in a Cat 11, deck 7 aft. :goodvibes

16. BriarRosie

BriarRosie <font color=blue>Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:<br>Cl

I had voted for deck 6 because even if you're down the hall, you'd be my neighbor. :dance3:

17. Dodie

Dodie <font color=green>Survived the big crash<br><font

Todd:

We loved our verandah (category 6, deck 6), but honestly, how much time did YOU spend in the stateroom on PCC 1.0? I think that's what you want to think about.

18. mainegal

mainegal <font color=purple>I am becoming very good at maki

Tracy said....
    If the pop machine is important, this should be your first choice. We love aft rooms for this reason. Go up and get a beverage in the morning, noon or night and be close to the room. When we were forward, it was a pain to go to the back of the ship for a drink then back to the front for the pool.

I have a sideways cabin (happy with that!) deck six foreward.

I like soda / pop.

How long does it take to walk to the beverage station aft when you are at the front of the ship - in my room or by the pool?

A two minute walk or a ten minute walk? Is it ship the length of a football field?

I think for all the eating I expect to do on the cruise, the walk will be good for me!

19. tlcoke

tlcoke DIS Veteran

I too am in the Cat 6 sideways rooming with Lyn (Mainegal), the exercise to the Soda machine will be fine with me also. Todd, Come party with us on Deck 6.

20. jeanigor

jeanigor DIS Veteran

I think I am going to go with the sideways 11. Thank you all for your input.

And mainegal, I would estimate maybe 10 minutes round trip, especially if you took the stairs...the elevators are nice, but slow.

21. mainegal

mainegal <font color=purple>I am becoming very good at maki

Stairs! Good... more exercise!