Renting my points questions

timC

DVC Member at BWV
We're going to skip our regular WDW summer vacation next year, and head for the bright lights of Broadway instead...so I think I'll try renting some of my June 2005 points.

Questions:
When is the best time to advertise my points given my use year?
Should I only accept ressie requests for beyond June05?
Typically how many points are people looking for?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

If I were you, I'd only consider options of June, 05 or after. I'd start looking somewhere around the booking window, say July of this year.

Summer is a good time to rent points, since there are lots of people who want to go to WDW in the fall. Although there are sometimes people who want large amounts of points, most people want small numbers, under 100. Last year everybody seemed to want about 60 points, although I have had several people who were looking for 11 or so points.

I agree with Dean - don't consider any requests for a stay prior to June, 2005 (unless the renter is willing to pay you in full up front). That's because you'd have to borrow to make the reservation and if the renter cancelled on you, those points would expire on May 31, 2005. Renting before the start of your use year limits your options.

FWIW, if you make reservations far in advance of arrival, you can probably get more for your points than what is oft quoted as the "going rate" of $10/point.

Good luck -

P.S. Of course you know that you can bank those points. Are you sure you won't want those points for a future trip? Maybe a special trip to a Grand Villa or Beach Cottage? A nice, long stay??? Just checking, LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter