Renting EVC, just for a day

MickeyHereWeCome!

DIS Veteran
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I didn't see it in the FAQ.

We'll be visiting Epcot for one day only with my extended family. My mom simply can't walk much anymore, but has agreed to go with us if we can get a scooter. This will be her first time in a Disney World Park!

I see that people have rented an EVC, which was delivered directly to their resort. We are only coming in for the day (they live in Leesburg, FL), so we don't have a hotel or resort to connect with. Is there a way to have one of the companies deliver directly to a park, preferably prior to park opening, and pick it up afterwards? Or are we stuck going to the off site location to pick up a scooter and taking it to the park. Not sure how that works with trams, etc. We'll be there Christmas week, so I don't want to assume we'll be able to rent one from Disney.

Thanks so much for your help!

I do not think any rent for just one day my friend bought an ECV off cregs list ( I know I have the spelling wrong) for about 300 because she can only do one day trips and needed a ECV.

you can can call the company directly and see if they will rent to you for one day ( you may have to pay fro 2 days and just use it one day ) and I do not think they can just drop it off I think you have to be at the theme park.

see if you can rent one from Disney at the theme park they may run out if they do they will have wheel chair you can use ( I have heard they will call or text you if one become available but not sure if they do this.

see of you have any one around you that has one you can use for the day. I know my church has a wheel chair at it, but there might be an ECV company that will loan you one ( for a fee) for the day.

1) Disney rents ECV's for $50, plus a refundable $20 deposit.
2) Off-site rental companies want longer than a 1-day rental.
3) For the company, economical to rent for about $35 for one day, plus pay drop-off and pick-up.
4) You would probably pay more than the $50 to get an off-site single-day rental.

1) Disney rents ECV's for $50, plus a refundable $20 deposit.
2) Off-site rental companies want longer than a 1-day rental.
3) For the company, economical to rent for about $35 for one day, plus pay drop-off and pick-up.
4) You would probably pay more than the $50 to get an off-site single-day rental.

As I remember, off-site companies want a minimum of a 2 day rental. If you had a hotel there, I'd suggest that you rent from a vendor who'll drop off and pick up at the hotel and just use the ECV for one day, and let it sit at bell services that second day. That probably would cost the same as renting for one day from the park. However, having rented an in-park scooter at Epcot, I thought driving the scooter was very easy and comfortable. I rented at the International Gateway entrance, but I think scooter rentals at the main entrance open before the rest of the park. Can anyone confirm or deny that for sure?

I agree with everyone else. You will have a tough time getting a one day rental from an outside vendor. Furthermore, to get one to deliver and pick up from the park probably won't happen.

International Gateway is an entrance to Epcot by World Showcase. The resorts like Boardwalk boat ride to Epcot and this is where they enter the park. Sometimes, when the front entrance runs out of scooters they still have some left.

I feel you have two good choices. Rent a scooter back home and it may have to be a two day rental; because, you can't get back home before they close the store. You will have to transport it with you.

Another choice is to do a wheelchair for her. To be honest if she is not familiar with a scooter you will be better off with doing a wheelchair for one day. I have pushed one for 10 days and I was in my late fifties. The best way is to alternate rides and shows and eats; so, you can have a rest from pushing. If you have multiple people who can push a wheelchair with you then that helps even more. You can get a potable travel wheelchair for $100 to $150 outright and then you'll have it for any future use.

The last choice is to take a chance you can get a scooter at the park and if they are sold out then you can rent a wheelchair there instead. Your mom will have to walk some from the parking lot to get into the park for the rental. You can drive her close up and then park the car. You can get the rental for her and scooter back to her at the front entrance to minimize the walking for her.

Last edited:
As always, @Bete makes some good points.

One final option to consider: Since you are driving in to Orlando, you can contact a vendor, and see if you can arrange a one-day rental where you pick up the scooter from them, and then return to them. This might allow you to secure a one-day rental.

I believe that Buena Vista still has a location on-site at Boardwalk (which is near the International Gateway) where you could possibly pick up an ECV. I have no personal experience with them, and this is not an endorsement of them - just information for you to consider.

Thank you all for your words of advise. I think we will aim to get there extremely early and hope to rent one there. From what I've read, it looks like you can only get one inside the park, one one side of Mission Space. I was so hoping to be able to get one at the entrance, since I do worry about having her stand in line prior to rope drop, especially with us getting there super early. More to worry about now! I wonder if regular wheelchairs are available outside the entrance? We could use that and then upgrade to the scooter later that morning.

you might be able to get a wheelchair from parking lots to front gate but we have not had good luck with this. you will not be able to send someone in to rent ECV and bring out to you as they are not allowed outside the gate for any reason. if there preopening there is no place to sit and wait and this is also true at end of the of day

Remember, your mom can wait at the entrance area inside the park and you can go rent the scooter and then bring it to her.

You can leave her off very close and then you can park the car. If you have a handicap placard for her then bring it with you and you will get better handicap parking.

Sometimes, the parking lot has wheelchairs available for free. But those would be located near handicap parking. It's for getting you to the entrance without walking.

Given your concerns, you may be best served by parking at the TTC, (where handicapped parking with a permit is allowed) and taking the Monorail to Epcot.

It may be better for your family to bring a Rollator, or a wheelchair ("travel chairs" are typically about $100, can fit in the trunk of most cars, and are very lightweight) for her to use until you can get to the ECV rental at Epcot. Or, a family member can push her in the travel chair at Epcot, and bypass the ECV rental entirely.

Thank you all for your words of advise. I think we will aim to get there extremely early and hope to rent one there. From what I've read, it looks like you can only get one inside the park, one one side of Mission Space. I was so hoping to be able to get one at the entrance, since I do worry about having her stand in line prior to rope drop, especially with us getting there super early. More to worry about now! I wonder if regular wheelchairs are available outside the entrance? We could use that and then upgrade to the scooter later that morning.
yes, the "rental desk" is inside of Epcot. But it is closer to the front. It is to the left of Spaceship Earth....not back by Mission Space.
If you have a HC placard, Epcot has some of the closest HC parking. You could even drop her off at the corner near the entrance and then park the car. It doesn't get much closer than that. Often (but not always) there are WCs there at that corner of the HC lot for use getting to and from the entrance. Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter