• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Renting ECV for a multi-stop trip?

sgrap

DIS Veteran
Now that you guys have talked me into renting an ECV due to my knee injury, I am trying to figure out the best way logistically to do it. I just called the Deckert's in the Anaheim area, and the cost is $40 per day, delivery included (there is a 5% AAA discount). I asked about the Carlsbad/San Diego area and she said they don't deliver there and she didn't have any info about rentint ECV's in that area.

I'm trying to figure out if it would be better to rent one scooter for the entire time (but then we would have to transport it, we are renting a minivan) or rent one separately in Carlsbad and then one at DLR. Has anyone rented one in Carlsbad? Are there places to rent one for the entire time? Any better prices than $40 per day ($38 with AAA discount)?

Thanks!

Just a thought, have you tried calling your hotel to ask about a rental place? They may have a local recommendation for you (and maybe a discount if you go through them). At least you'll be able to compare the prices to Deckerts.

Deckert's gives discounts for multiple days. I just rented for 12 days for $200. (Includes 5% for repeating customer.) Tell them how many days and see what they will do for a price.

sgrap said:
Thanks, they do look less expensive! How was their service?

It was great. I actually had a problem with my first scooter. It was something that I could live with but was a little annoying. I called just to tell them that the scooter was doing this and they had a new scooter at Disneyland front gate in a half hour. The scooter was delivered to my hotel before I got there and I was able to leave it for pickup at the front desk when I left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter