Renting an ECV not in WDW

Discussion in 'disABILITIES Community Board' started by disneymom3, Apr 6, 2011.

1. disneymom3

disneymom3 <font color=green> I think I could adjust!! <br><f

I am going to a convention in about a week and my MS is kicking my hiney right now. I have been trying to find out about renting an ECV because I just don't see it working to go from seminar to seminar let alone get to the CC from my hotel.

Any suggestions on how to find one? I have googled every variation I can think of and am getting nowhere. The convention is in Duluth Mn.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KPeveler

KPeveler Moderator Moderator

Where is the convention?

4. Singledad

Singledad DIS Veteran

I do NOT know any of these companies, so do your own research first but here is some I found.

http://www.scootaround.com/rentals/rentals_hotel.htm seems to have a Minneapolis location. if nothing else, calling them may get you a referral to a company that CAN rent to the correct location.

http://www.us-mobility.com/minnesota-electric-scooters-wheelchairs/index.html

has a list of different mobility stores, which may or may not rent. if they do not rent, they may know of a location that does.

my search term was: duluth minnesota mobility rental

if anything I would add 'medical' to that to see if I get less junk. but :confused3

hope this gives you a good start

5. Piper

Piper DIS Veteran

You may even want to think about renting one at home. Remember that you will have to navigate the airport if you are flying. You can drive it right up to the door of the airplane and gate check it. The ECV will not count against your luggage and will be brought to the door of the plain when you get off.

6. disneymom3

disneymom3 <font color=green> I think I could adjust!! <br><f

Thanks guys. I am not flying in, just driving. The idea to look around here is a good one. I could load it in the back of my van. Hadn't thought about that.

Hadn't tried "mobility rental" though I think I tried every other variation. ;)

Seems like there was a LOT of hits with nothing that was really what I was looking for.