Renting a car for one day?

SillyMe

<font color=green>I love trying to figure out myst
My daughter wants to go to the beach for a day during out trip. Which is the closest beach? Is it an easy drive? Is it best to just rent a car for the day or end up renting it for the entire week?

We usually have a day out at St Pete's Beach.......takes about 2 hours to get there. We have a car for the whole of our trip as we like to eat off site in an evening, go shopping etc.

The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning toward renting one for the whole week. I need to search for deals. The prices I'm finding are over $300.

We usually have a day out at St Pete's Beach.......takes about 2 hours to get there. We have a car for the whole of our trip as we like to eat off site in an evening, go shopping etc.

St. Pete's is on the Gulf Coast, isn't it? I've never been to that side of Florida. Is it an easy drive, or is there normally a lot of traffic?

St. Pete's is on the Gulf Coast, isn't it? I've never been to that side of Florida. Is it an easy drive, or is there normally a lot of traffic?
We prefer the other coast, the waves are nicer. Gulf side is just too calm for our liking, but the sunsets are phenomenal. It's about 2 hours from WDW to Clearwater Beach or St Pete's Beach which are both nice (and there's a whole bunch of beaches in between these 2 like Treasure Island, Indian Rocks Beach, BellAire Beach etc). We found it a little disconcerting that they had signs up warning you to watch your step in the water because it is Stingray Season from April through September.
It's about 80-90 minutes north-east on I-4 to Daytona Beach, which is our favorite, tons of stuff to do, and arguably, one of the best beaches in the USA. And how cool is this: you can drive your car right on the beach.
Cocoa Beach is about 75-85 minutes east from WDW on sr417 and then SR-528 which are toll roads ($5 or $6 each way)

We prefer the other coast, the waves are nicer. Gulf side is just too calm for our liking, but the sunsets are phenomenal. It's about 2 hours from WDW to Clearwater Beach or St Pete's Beach which are both nice (and there's a whole bunch of beaches in between these 2 like Treasure Island, Indian Rocks Beach, BellAire Beach etc). We found it a little disconcerting that they had signs up warning you to watch your step in the water because it is Stingray Season from April through September.
It's about 80-90 minutes north-east on I-4 to Daytona Beach, which is our favorite, tons of stuff to do, and arguably, one of the best beaches in the USA. And how cool is this: you can drive your car right on the beach.
Cocoa Beach is about 75-85 minutes east from WDW on sr417 and then SR-528 which are toll roads ($5 or $6 each way)
Oh my gosh, you just reminded me about Ormond Beach! I've been to Daytona and Ormond Beaches. There is an awesome mini golf place on A1A in that area somewhere. I think we might just drive over there. My daughter would love the mini-golf place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter