Rental car?

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by Miandrea, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Miandrea

Miandrea <font color=red>BL II - Red Team<br> <font color=b

I am heading to Las Vegas in March for 7 days. Should I rent a car or just take a taxi? We want to leave the strip area to shop and do a few cheaper meals.

What do you think?

A rental car is about $400 - 500 depending on the size.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. VAN

VAN DIS Veteran

We got a National rental car in December for $176 TOTAL for a week. Also have about the same rate for March. This is a compact model which was big enough for us.

Go to mousesavers.com for all the tricks and many of the available ways to get a car for less. The codes I'm using, I actually got by purchasing an Entertainment book. I also joined the Emerald Club for free from the mousesavers.com site. I decline additional insurance because my car insurance and the credit card I use has all the coverage. Check into this because you don't need the additional coverage if you already have it through those sources.

Good luck.

4. poohbear2

poohbear2 <font color=CC66CC>Disney Think Formula is:<br>HE=

Is it easy to drive around the Vegas area? We would like to go to Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon and I am wondering if its better to rent a car to go ourselves or go with a tour and not rent a car.

5. samsmainla

samsmainla Earning My Ears

We have a car for 4 days from the airport for $38.00!(for all 4 days, not per day). We booked direct with Thrifty. They don't require a credit card to book online, and you can cancel without penalty. Check prices often, as they change every single day.

6. VAN

VAN DIS Veteran

Was that with all of the taxes and fees???

How did you do that? Our 7 day (1 week) was $176 but $63 of that was for taxes and fees !!! The actual car rental for 7 days was $113.

Please advise.

7. CookieGVB

CookieGVB <font color=magenta>S/D Cheerleader & SSB Tormento

For $400-500? No way. Watch the sites for discounts - it should come in well under $200

The freedom of a car is a great thing; otherwise, you're restricted to the strip and wherever the monorail takes you, or cabbing everywhere.

8. Miandrea

Thanks for the help. The internet prices are much cheaper than calling the places directly.

I think I will rent a car - the parking is free (I think...staying at the Aria).

9. GrazingGoat1966

GrazingGoat1966 Mouseketeer

poohbear2 it is super easy to drive around Vegas.....just be patient especially at Tropicana and the Strip!!!

Miandrea, you're getting ripped for $400-$500. If all else fails rent for 3 days and do all your driving in that time. Hoover is only 30-40 mins and most of the decent shopping off strip is within 15 mins drive anyway.

10. Miandrea

I've found a few rentals (with coupons) for $213 for a week - full size. Much better than $400!

11. VAN

VAN DIS Veteran

I purchased the Entertainment book and was able to bring my March 1 week rental of a National compact down to $144 total (includes all taxes/fees, but no additional insurance).