Rental boats?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by scanmom, Aug 23, 2007.

1. scanmom

scanmom DIS Veteran

We are planning on staying off site this trip (free hotel with points), and I was thinking that it would be fun to rent the mice boats for an hour. Is this available to us, or just on site guests?:)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

Nope, it's available to anyone (with the money, of course :teeth: )! Any of the monorail resorts would be your best option, because there's more room to explore Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake than the other rental locations offer.

4. scanmom

scanmom DIS Veteran

Now, my DS is 13... can he get a boat by himself, or will he have to be with an older person? And DH weighs in at about 300 lbs, will that be a problem? TIA!!!

5. I'mNoPrince

I'mNoPrince <font color=darkorchid>AlterEgo tmt martins<br><fo

Not sure of what the limits are off hand but I do know they have both an Age only right around that age and there is a weight limit for total weight on the boat. The have all this info posted at each rental sight.

6. Boo'sMom

Boo'sMom <font color=teal>Talks to the people in LK's head<

you must be a licensed driver to take a watermouse out by yourself.

7. flipcar

flipcar Earning My Ears

I am 260 lbs and I took a look and didn't think it would work but you never know. My wife and I rented a canopy boat from POR and it was fantastic. We went down the Sassagoula River to Old Key West on one side and all the way to Downtown Disney on the other where we circled entire lake and saw all restraunts and other resorts. You could even let your son steer this boat and all of you can fit in it.

8. scanmom

scanmom DIS Veteran

I will have to look into it a little more before I make promises to the kids. The canopy boat isn't a bad idea, but if we can do the mice boats, I think we would like that better!!:hippie:

9. milkshake

milkshake Earning My Ears

We're just back from a quick trip at the GF.
    My son (13) loved the boats and took them out twice. Once with dad and once with me on our last day waiting for the ME. I have posted some pictures on my photo page that you can look at. You may have to cut and paste. I hope it works.

The sea racers were great! We had a coupon for 30 in free with a 60 min rental but we just did the 30 min. Be careful to not go over the time as the computer will charge you if you go over by one min. Staff was very friendly. We rented at GF and there were plenty of them.

The weight limit is over 300 lbs., I think about 350 so my son and I went together. I didn't ask about him doing it on his own.

He would have loved to just cruise in them all day if he could...
    Have a wonderful time. They were very relaxing!

file://C:\Documents and Settings\spee\My Documents\Picasa HTML Exports\Disneyworld 2007\index.html