Rent or buy a tent?

EllenFrasier

DIS Veteran
We are planning some kind of graduation party for my son in June. He doesn't want a big party, but you know how these things tend to snowball. Anyway, there will be more people in my yard then fit in my house - so I need contingency plans in case it rains.
My sister used to have a large tarp that we borrowed, it had sides that you could put down if it got windy or rained - but that has bitten the dust.
I'm not sure where to look to find an affordable tent/tarp like she had to buy - or should we just rent one?
Has anyone rented and how much do they run? :confused3

I have not rented one but my guess would be if you are only going to use it once I would rent but if you think you will host more party's than I would says its not a bad investment to buy one.

I bought one for mr DD's graduation party at Kmart a few years ago. the rentals can be expensive and I found ours for somewhere around $125 - $150. That was about the same price for a rental around here and I can use it again if I need to(we have only used it once though so far)

We have a 10 by 10 EZup, that we've used for SMALL bbq's, but you aren't going to get many under it, especially if you have food under it as well. I'd hope for the best, and use the money to rent a big tent if I needed it.

A small one (12' x 12' or less) will be cheap enough to buy; maybe even two of them if you find a sale.

If you need a large one, however, you'll need to rent. How much they cost depends on a lot of variables, not least of which is where you live. In my area a 20' x 40' (holds 80 people) is $475 for 24 hours, plus setup and delivery fees. (This is just the tent and basic ground anchors: no lights, a/c units, heaters or flooring. Also no water barrel anchors (needed if the tent is to be set up on concrete or pavers.))

OK...Pretty funny. But when I saw the title of this thread I instantly thought. Oh boy a budget boarder has taken budgeting a little to far and thinking of living in a tent instead of renting.

The 10 x 10 tents are just not big enough. If you purchase you will need at least the 10 X 20.
Another thing is if you rent you will not have to set it up and take it down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter