Renewing DVC AP at the new Gold/Silver tiers?

squirk

Saw what you did and knows who you are.
I have DVC APs due to expire next month, and I went online to look at renewal options. We do not usually travel during the popular times, so the blackout dates are usually not a huge issue for us. As such, the Gold or Silver APs looked attractive.

A Silver DVC renewal is only $330, which is pretty strong if you can live with the blackout dates. However, when I went online to look at renewal options, I was only allowed to select Platinum or Platinum Plus. Gold and Silver were not options.

Does anyone know if this is a mistake, or are existing DVC AP holders prohibited from renewing at one of the lower tiers? If so, am I correct in saying that the only way to get Gold or Silver is to buy them "new" (i.e., without the renewal discount)?

Silver is only available to Florida residents. DVC members may choose the gold pass however but I don't know if you need to go through DVC rather than the regular website to do this.

@Tinkerdreams - yes, that's why I thought DVC could get Silver, too. But I checked on the DVC site today, and as @rlovew said, only Gold, Platinum and Platinum Plus are offered.

OK, but I am still not even getting an option for Gold when I look at my personal renewal options. Not sure why.

OK, but I am still not even getting an option for Gold when I look at my personal renewal options. Not sure why.
You can't do DVC renewals online. You have to call MS to process the renewal. They will issue a "will Call" number that you need to pick up the pass & link in MDE to make FP+. I just went through this last month.

Thanks. Yes, but you can still pay online to get the will-call number, and the site is not giving me the option of selecting and paying for the cheaper Gold AP.

Thanks. Yes, but you can still pay online to get the will-call number, and the site is not giving me the option of selecting and paying for the cheaper Gold AP.
If you aren't a FL resident it will not give you the option to renew to a Gold Pass online. DVC renewals need to be done by calling MS in order to get the DVC price. Since the Gold is limited to FL residents & DVC members only the only way to get that pass option will be to call MS. I'm not sure what is showing online for you but when I looked the day after the price increases the only thing showing for me was a regular renewal which would be Platinum but not at the discounted DVC member rate. Just as before the price increases I believe you will need to call MS in order to process any type of AP renewal if you want the special DVC member rates. The online system will only allow renewals at the regular renewal rates. The Gold Pass is a special rate not available to everyone so it won't show up online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter