Renewal price for Preferred AP?

HM

My tag from the Tag Fairy is now too long to use.
I haven't logged into the AP site and never have my tickets near me when I think of this question.
So, what it the current renewal price for a Preferred AP? How about a PowerPass?

They don't show prices unless you log in. I can't log in. Anyone know the price?

70EB2564-8B5A-42CD-98F6-61AD7F74BA12.png.jpeg

That is a huge jump. I think I paid about $170.39 after taxes to renew in January (preferred pass). That was about $159 before taxes. I even went back to check my cc statement for February 2015. Can I downgrade my renewal or will I have to buy a new power pass. I will miss the free parking. I guess it's time to let my passes go. We only visit about 3 times a year now. They just don't offer the incentives that they use to like tickets for friends and family. Between the prices increases of the theme parks, we're going to have to make some adjustments.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is a FL resident discount on renewal or are they the same price? I'm up for renewal but my appointment to get my FL license is Wednesday so I'll wait a week to upgrade if there is a difference.

You can downgrade. But the cost of parking is going to get you if you'll be parking often!

We were thinking of downgrading just one of us. The other would keep the preferred pass. The black out dates are not an issue.

I fail to believe they raised the price of the renewal of a preferred $100,I've been paying $159 plus tax for a couple of years now and I'm cool if they want to raise it $25-$30 but if it's $100 more they're a bit crazy to raise it that much.I renewed a pass in June and one in August,did this price jump just happen?

I fail to believe they raised the price of the renewal of a preferred $100,I've been paying $159 plus tax for a couple of years now and I'm cool if they want to raise it $25-$30 but if it's $100 more they're a bit crazy to raise it that much.I renewed a pass in June and one in August,did this price jump just happen?

I renewed ours around August 10th. It showed 160.99 and I can't remember what the middle tier showed at that time. When I logged in I was able to renew 4 of ours at 135 and one at the 159 (basically the old upgrade prices). Not sure when they jumped again, but the prices on there now are definitely higher than they were after the August increase.

I'm fine with them jumping,but $100!!!I wonder how much and a pass will cost when they add Volcano Bay.

Thanks. I knew it had gone up a lot and I was try into figure out about renewing in December. If it was the old price it would be a no-brainer for me. At the new price, I'm really torn. We may just not renew since we inly have one trip to Orlando planned and it will only be for a few days. Or maybe we'll only renew one of them. I finally got my AP registered too.

Hey, I'm with all of you guys. The price hikes to keep up with Disney are crazy. You would think they would say no and use the Disney hike to promote them as being better for less.

If these prices keep going up plus no decent onsite discounts, we might throw in the towel soon.

Us too. In the meantime, I am gonna try to get the most use out of our passes that we can and just convince myself that the 300.00 I saved by renewing when I did will almost cover the room we booked with the discount code they sent us last month.

I'm Staying with the ap even when it increases

Worth it for ticket prices compared to gate prices or the third party ticket vendors
Stay on site a couple of weeks so even at if passes increase, still more affordable in the long run

The 10 pc discounts add up to more savings for me

What a huge jump!!!! There are five of us so that's a lot more then I paid last year. We've been renewing each year even though we weren't going as often since it was a good value but I guess we'll not renew again. Wish they had increased in stages so it wouldn't be so much at one time but that's just my opinion. We usually stay on site and eat in the parks and buy all the junk to bring home. Now I can start updating my house instead of spending $$$ at the parks. There's always a silver lining. :) :)

We have had annual passes for years, but will not be renewing next year.

We will just visit every other year and buy regular park tickets.

Hate that Universal raised the renewal prices so much at one time. We did not mind paying the $600 to renew each year, but don't want to pay $1000 for the same tickets, with the same benefits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter