Remy, does it really take THAT long?

CdnDisMom

Wishing For another Dis Vacation!
Does Remy dinner really take 3+ hours?

I would love to try some fancy dinning, especially since we would never do anything like that normally, but does it really take that long? We cruise with our children (now 5 and 21 months) but I don't think I'd want to leave them that long with either childcare or another family member (assuming other family was cruising with us).

Anyone?

I would love to try some fancy dinning, especially since we would never do anything like that normally, but does it really take that long? We cruise with our children (now 5 and 21 months) but I don't think I'd want to leave them that long with either childcare or another family member (assuming other family was cruising with us).

Anyone?

Yes fine dining like this does consume a lot of time. You might want to wait until your children are older to do something like this.:thumbsup2

Yes. It takes that long. You can cheat it a little bit but IMHO why? Try it (or a similar fine dining experience) when you feel comfortable giving it 3 hours. You won't regret it. Rushing or worrying through it would be a real shame.

Anyone?

I have not eaten at Remy but if it is like the fine dining I have eaten, 3 hours will seem like 30 minutes. The service and the presentation are as much of the experience as the food. Go when you have the time and will not be worrying. When it is all over you will think I can't believe we were in there THAT long it seems like we just sat down.

It was more like 2 - 2 1/2 when I was there. A lot will depend on how u dine - do you ask for multiple courses? do you like to converse a lot separately and also with the staff? You can stretch it out as much as you want to - especially with dessert! They kept bringing multiple servings of different candies etc.

Our dinner started at 750 And went on until after 11. It was totally worth it. Our kids are 10 and 6. Our youngest went to the club and our older son actually was invited by our server to go to dinner anyway and she treated him like a king. Do Remy. It is worth it!

Yes. Why would you want to rush it? I agree with the PP who think you should wait til your children are older and you feel more comfortable leaving them for an extended period of time. It really is a fine dining experience that you wouldn't want to feel rushed while doing. We really enjoyed it..but we didn't cruise with our children. Our meal at Remy took about 2 and half-3 hours but the time flew by.

Thanks everyone for your replies :)

I was envisioning sitting there getting bored waiting for food to come out. But it sounds like we wouldn't be all that bored after all.

Would still have to think about it I guess. If I had their grandma there to watch them then I would feel better about it. My DS could spend that much time in the clubs and not even miss us one bit, lol, but my dd would need her grandma at least for that length of time.

Thanks again everyone!

I was envisioning sitting there getting bored waiting for food to come out. But it sounds like we wouldn't be all that bored after all.

Would still have to think about it I guess. If I had their grandma there to watch them then I would feel better about it. My DS could spend that much time in the clubs and not even miss us one bit, lol, but my dd would need her grandma at least for that length of time.

Thanks again everyone!
We just got back Saturday. Remy was fantastic! It was about 2 1/2 hrs for us, went by fast, our 3.5 year old had us paiged from the kids club just when we were finishing. ;) Go! It's worth it. :)

Thanks again everyone!

We did Remy's about 2 weeks ago and found absolutely nothing about the experience to be boring. We probably went over on the 3 hours, and were completely entertained throughout the experience. The staff were so gracious, understood completely that it was a unique experience for us, and permitted us to photo practically everything, and we didn't manage to interrupt their work doing so. They explain all foods, introduce them, individualize service throughout the meal, change table service items as needed, change napkins as needed, and manage to time everything perfectly. We had slow eaters & fast eaters with us. I don't know how they managed it, but all of our courses were set together and none of us were left watching others eat.

We were in Remy well over 3 hours and it was worth every minute. The chef even came out and talked to us for several minutes and explained several of the dishes. I wish I spoke French because the conversation would have been easier! The entire staff was great, the meal was great, the wine was great.

Highly recommended but you may want to wait until the kids are older. We left ours at home on that trip!

Remy is an experience, not a boring "sit and wait." If you are not comfortable giving it the time it deserves now, wait till the kids are older and you can enjoy it. It is not worth rushing; you need to be able to go with the flow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter