Remy: Dinner for two > $400.00

TDC Nala said:
Absolutely, He is not required to order seafood. And yes you do order from a menu, and yes they will substitute at the brunch, my friend who does not eat red meat got chicken instead of the pork. When I do it again in January I will either ask them to switch out the lobster roll or let my dad eat it.

Good to know. We are doing Remy brunch on my b-day & DH is allergic to shellfish (but will eat other fish) & neither of us do red meat or pork. I was worried......

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

sissy_ib said:
That is about what we paid at V&A. It was worth every penny and I'm sure Remy is as well.

We paid more at Victoria and Alberts. It's worth it if you can drink that much wine in one sitting. I can't - I was drunker than I'd ever been by the end of the meal. I felt like I was back in college doing keg stands.

Wife and I did Remy a couple of weeks ago. WELL WORTH IT!

We didn't do the wine pairing as we're not big on wines...just dessert wines. That said, our bill did come to about $200 total.

I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Just off the Dream last week. We dined at Remy, and the $75 charge is a bargain for this gourmet meal. It is a 2 - 3 hour experience, quite elegant. Our servers were all French. Our server wisely suggested that we each order a different pre-set menu, the "gout" and the "saveur" as previously mentioned. This allowed us to share and try all of the foods, as well as wines. It was fun to keep a mental tally as to which course from each menu was best. The two menus were created by two different chefs (one chef is the one from V & A's). Also, do not pass up the cheese course! Delicious! I agree with the overall sentiment of the previous posters: If you enjoy French wines or having perfectly paired wines with each course, then the wine pairing is for you. It would be tough to come up with a wine that pairs well with both turbot and wagyu beef! :) If wine is not that important to you, then the price is hard to justify. This meal was an experience we will remember for a long time, and I thougt it was worth the price. BTW, our server certainly did not try to "push" the wine pairing, in fact, I brought it up to him. I recommend you look up the menu as well as wine pairings on the DCL website before you go. I did not take advantage of meeting with the sommelier prior to the meal, but I might consider that next time and not do the wine pairing.

That's not correct. You do order from a menu for dinner at Remy. There are two pre-set five-course options that you can order, the gout or the saveur (French words roughly translating as "taste" or "flavor"). But you can also design your own five-course meal from the a la carte choices on the menu (which include all the options that come with the pre-set meals) - and there are enough choices that do not involve seafood that your husband will be fine. I'm pretty sure that gout and saveur each have at least one course that includes seafood so your husband probably doesn't want to do that (but that doesn't mean you can't!)

The champagne brunch at Remy is a pre-set menu, at least two of the courses in that feature seafood - a sea bass course and a lobster cannelloni that also comes with a small piece of lobster. I don't know if you could find substitutions for that, but you can always ask.

Absolutely, He is not required to order seafood. And yes you do order from a menu, and yes they will substitute at the brunch, my friend who does not eat red meat got chicken instead of the pork. When I do it again in January I will either ask them to switch out the lobster roll or let my dad eat it.

Just off the Dream last week. We dined at Remy, and the $75 charge is a bargain for this gourmet meal. It is a 2 - 3 hour experience, quite elegant. Our servers were all French. Our server wisely suggested that we each order a different pre-set menu, the "gout" and the "saveur" as previously mentioned. This allowed us to share and try all of the foods, as well as wines. It was fun to keep a mental tally as to which course from each menu was best. The two menus were created by two different chefs (one chef is the one from V & A's). Also, do not pass up the cheese course! Delicious! I agree with the overall sentiment of the previous posters: If you enjoy French wines or having perfectly paired wines with each course, then the wine pairing is for you. It would be tough to come up with a wine that pairs well with both turbot and wagyu beef! :) If wine is not that important to you, then the price is hard to justify. This meal was an experience we will remember for a long time, and I thougt it was worth the price. BTW, our server certainly did not try to "push" the wine pairing, in fact, I brought it up to him. I recommend you look up the menu as well as wine pairings on the DCL website before you go. I did not take advantage of meeting with the sommelier prior to the meal, but I might consider that next time and not do the wine pairing.

:thanks:
Thank you all...I'm so relieved and excited!!! :goodvibes There are more options than what I understood for the Remy dinner. We both love different cheeses and french desserts...I can't wait!!! I may be the only one having the "wine pairing"...DH suffers of "Red Wine Headache" after having as little as half a glass of red wine. I've read it could be the sulfite in the wine. Though white wine has sulfite as well, it only happens when he drinks red. He does take a risk only at home with our cabernet sauvignon.

Anyway...thank you so much!

Ours in September (Fantasy) was German...so they don't stick to the All-French thing.

Our primary server at Remy on the Dream last year was a bona-fide American! :scared1:

He was awesome ... had spent a number of years working in restaurants in London and France and had great suggestions for us throughout the dinner.

Our servers were all French.

Ours was English - we had the same server for our dinner and brunch - of course, not surprising. The host, Nicolas, was French, as was the sommelier - though the sommelier learned English in Scotland so he had a very unique accent!

Ours was English - we had the same server for our dinner and brunch - of course, not surprising. The host, Nicolas, was French, as was the sommelier - though the sommelier learned English in Scotland so he had a very unique accent!

Did they tell you they all refer to him as Harry Potter? :lmao:

He was great ... so helpful and a lot of fun!

I don't think it matters what country the servers are from as long as they are knowledgeable...
...For Example...my mother and has won many Salsa lessons with her preferred partner...who happens to be a Eastern-European Jew.
My DH can salsa better than me...well, I can't salsa at all. But I can dance to just about any Greek music (DH is Greek...we are PRican...)
DH can't dance Greek at all...
I know we are talking about cuisine not dancing...but I think this is hysterical :rotfl2:

Just don't want everyone reading to think they carry the theming far enough that they only have French servers, cause they don't...it was rather fun to hear everything described in a German accent. Our Palo server was Hungarian, but I never thought they'd only have Italians. They had an Italian manager on one of the classic ships but he got promoted.

I don't think it matters what country the servers are from as long as they are knowledgeable...
...For Example...my mother and has won many Salsa lessons with her preferred partner...who happens to be a Eastern-European Jew.
My DH can salsa better than me...well, I can't salsa at all. But I can dance to just about any Greek music (DH is Greek...we are PRican...)
I know we are talking about cuisine not dancing...but I think this is hysterical :rotfl2:
I hope everyone sees it as such! :thumbsup2

Love the scottish accent:lovestruc part of the reason I love the movie "Brave":goodvibes
Our servers in Remy have been french both times we were there.

:dance3::thumbsup2

I hope everyone sees it as such! :thumbsup2
No problem:thumbsup2
Places I have worked have had very diverse populations from all over the globe. Comparing customs and hearing stories was a big part of the fun:cool1:

One of the "It's a Small World" moments - the sommelier on the Fantasy learned his English in my hometown of Aberdeen! His Doric accent (yes the same one you hear on Brave) is better than mine. What fun we had with him. We have loved all the servers in Remy and think it is outstanding value.
Wendy

One of the "It's a Small World" moments - the sommelier on the Fantasy learned his English in my hometown of Aberdeen! His Doric accent (yes the same one you hear on Brave) is better than mine. What fun we had with him. We have loved all the servers in Remy and think it is outstanding value.
Wendy

:thumbsup2 Oh how cool is that :cool1:

Now I am hoping to meet that sommelier:woohoo:

I have a couple of questions.

We aren't big into wines, but would maybe have a glass or two. Can you get the same cheap wines (approx $10 per glass) as you would anywhere else on the ship?

Can you bring your own bottle and pay $20 corkage? Would this be frowned upon?

Thanks, Stevey

I have a couple of questions.

We aren't big into wines, but would maybe have a glass or two. Can you get the same cheap wines (approx $10 per glass) as you would anywhere else on the ship?

Can you bring your own bottle and pay $20 corkage? Would this be frowned upon?

Thanks, Stevey

Yes, you can bring your own wine, the corkage is $20, they will not frown on you doing that at all. You will get an invitation to meet the semolina. Take your bottle with you then so that they can serve the wine to you at the right temp. It is proper to offer a small taste of the wine to the semolina.

I've done Remy Brunch, and Victoria and Albert's twice now. All 3 experiences were fantastic and I'd absolutely recommend any of them. Yeah the price point is high, but I guess I don't see a problem with it when I witness the price people pay for the over priced crap at some of the restaurants at WDW. At least here the cost = quality. Plus, neither place is just a meal, it's an experience which is my favorite aspect.

I do wine pairing because I love tasting wine and I think it's the most affordable way to try several glasses.

Yes, you can bring your own wine, the corkage is $20, they will not frown on you doing that at all. You will get an invitation to meet the semolina. Take your bottle with you then so that they can serve the wine to you at the right temp. It is proper to offer a small taste of the wine to the semolina.
Semolina is a wheat pasta flour. Did you mean sommelier (i.e., the wine steward)?

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter