remodeling at OKW

tvwalsh

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Several of the OKW buildings were closed for remodeling on our recent visit to OKW. Does anyone have any info about what is being done? Has anyone stayed in one of the recently remodeled rooms?

The villas are being completely refurbished with reglazing of tile, repainting, drywall where needed. New furniture, carpeting, DVD players, blinds and broadband dataports are being added along with appliances where needed. The villas really l;ook like new when done.
We stayed in Building 36 last month - just after it had been remodeled. It looked like a new villa.

Enjoy!

They close the buildings when they are doing major changes like new carpet, furniture, appliances, etc. so they can do it all at once. I'm not sure that they are actually changing the units. Anyone have more detailed info?

Well, Doc and I crossed posts again. And he gave the real lowdown. Sounds like they are going to look great. I hope my friends going next week get one of the "new" units. We may turn them into DVC'ers yet. ;)

We had the same experience as Doc in building 29 last month. The only thing that had not been done, was the blinds had not been replaced.

on the bldg just as you cross the bridge from HH by the PenRd. Bus Stop...2wks ago..not sure of the bldg#.:sunny:

Building 14 was all remodeled and in January 2004 they replaced the blinds. I thought the blinds were fine, but they keep eveything looking brand new which is good for our investment! We can see out maintenance fee's at work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter