Remember those T-shirt "clips?" Are they still around?

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by MickeyMonstersMom, Jun 15, 2006.

  1. MickeyMonstersMom

    MickeyMonstersMom DIS Veteran

    Apr 26, 2002
    Remember those circular plastic clippy things that people used to cinch the bottoms of their t-shirts back in the '80's? I recently bought school-related t-shirts for all of us to wear at WDW, but DD's and mine are enormous. DD and her friends simply catch up the extra fabric in a rubber band, but I'd prefer a nicer look if I can get it. Does anyone know if those clips or buckles are still available out there, or of anything else I could use?
  2. Avatar

    Google AdSense Advertisement

    to hide this advert.
  3. BuzzandAriel'smom

    BuzzandAriel'smom DIS Veteran

    May 10, 2006
    Back when that was the style I used to use a hair bow with a clip on it. Or a scrunchie. Or you could cut a little ways up the front and tie it just to where her shirt would naturally fall.
  4. englishteacha

    englishteacha Have courage and be kind.

    Apr 2, 2006
    My students do the rubber band thing, too. Perhaps a cute barrette would work? I remember those T-shirt clips...and the tight-rolled jeans and slouch socks...Boy, were we stylin'!

    If the shirt is big enough, could you just tie a knot in it in the back?
  5. debster812

    debster812 <font color=blue>DIS Earth Angel!<br><font color=0

    Mar 19, 2001
    The girls that play soccer in the same club as DS tie their shirts up in the back, with a knot, because they are so huge.

    I haven't seen one of those clips in AGES!
  6. disneychrista

    disneychrista DIS Veteran

    Dec 26, 2002
    You might try a craft store or sewing store. You might find a belt "buckle" that would work for this purpose.
  7. famofsix

    famofsix <font color=darkorchid>For $40 Elmo should sing, l

    Apr 3, 2006
    Are you talking about rolling the sleeves?
    We see kids on the soccer field with fabric clips on the sleeves. Maybe try Dicks Sporting Goods or Walmart. My DD uses a bracelet that is like a shoestring with two plastic clips and she wraps it twice around the sleeves. If you're talking about length wise I dunno. Whoops, I read your original post again so sorry I don't know. Maybe the knot thing would work.
  8. babywewe

    babywewe Mouseketeer

    Mar 20, 2006
    lol! So 80's! I have'nt seen those in a LONG time.
  9. disneynutt1225

    disneynutt1225 <font color=deeppink>I'm a fruit loop girl<br><fon

    Aug 28, 2005
    I actually saw them a few months ago in the dollar store. Try there!

    Those were the days....scrunchies, slouch socks, rolling jeans up (the precise way), banana clips.... WHAT WERE WE THINKING!!!! :rotfl:
  10. PiperPizzaz

    PiperPizzaz DIS Veteran

    Jun 4, 2005
    Check at like a JoAnn's (if you have one near) I am sure I saw one there. It was in the section by fabrics where the buckles and fasteners are. I used to have one with sequins. :rotfl: It looked really good with my neon stretch pants. The other poster was right, those were the days. (Not making fun if you were to wear one, a nice plain one should be just fine :thumbsup2 )
  11. scrapbook35

    scrapbook35 I did DISNEY again, and I'm SCRAPPIN' it AGAIN !

    Apr 15, 2006
    Where I live we have stores that are like Salvation Army stores and sell second hand items. It is called GoodWill .There are many belts for sale there. Maybe you could buy the belt and cut off the belt and just use the buckle. I love the bling. Maybe you could find a glitter/rhinestone one. That's cool. :confused3
  12. jackskellingtonsgirl

    jackskellingtonsgirl <marquee><font color=deeppink>Jello Shot Chick</ma

    Nov 14, 2004
    I am almost certain I saw these recently (within the past 6 weeks or so) at Dollar Tree. I think they were in the aisle with the hair accessories. Maybe the employees didn't know what they were for? :rotfl: I used to have 2 or 3 myself, but I am pretty sure I don't have them anymore!
  13. sptddog

    sptddog I wanna leave....NOW!!!

    Jan 29, 2006
    Check out those little things you use on a swimming suit sarong. It looks very much like a buckle. I have 2 and used them when I was pregnant and the bottoms of my maternity shirts would stick out rather ackwardly. You also buy a belt that just has the thread through D ring buckles (and cut it off right at the buckle area) - pull the shirt through both buckles, then loop the end back through the second, like you'd do a belt. Lastly...we knotted on the side at our hips.... ;) I think the knot at the lower back is the 'cool' trend now! :teeth:
  14. scorpad99

    scorpad99 DIS Veteran

    Sep 14, 2003
    I still have a white one! It is in an old carrycase and I keep my old coins in there! LOL

Share This Page