Remember teen idol Leif Garrett?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Deb in IA, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Deb in IA

Deb in IA Knows that KIDS are better

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KristaTX

KristaTX ♥DIS Veteran♥

That's sad :(. I hope he gets some help.

4. tiggersmom2

tiggersmom2 <font color=navy>Can think for herself<br><font co

This comes as such a SHOCK!!!! ;)

5. damo

damo Proud Redhead

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

What a waste

6. N.Bailey

N.Bailey <font color=teal>Pear is probably my all time favo

Wow, what a shocker. I use to love him! Had his (and many other) posters all over my room.

7. poohandwendy

poohandwendy DIS Veteran

That is a real shame. Heroin is a horrible, horrible drug. I once worked with a girl who went from a shy, hopeful, sweet young woman to now a hardened, suspicious, dirty, hopeless, liar in a matter of less than a year due to heroin use. Everytime I see her, she is telling me how many days 'sober' she is. it's never more than 30 days.

It has been 5 years since she started messing with that crap and she is only 22 years old and looks worn out, used up. It is highly doubtful she will make it to 30, maybe not even 25. What a waste.

Probably not something I should say publicly, but I would put a bullet in the head of someone who gave my kids heroin.

8. tiggersmom2

tiggersmom2 <font color=navy>Can think for herself<br><font co

Me too Wendy, and I don't mind saying it publicly. :)

9. luvmyeor

luvmyeor Mouseketeer

That is sad. I remember seeing him on a tv special about teen stars who ran into trouble with the law. I thought in that interview he had kicked the habit but I guess not. I had a huge crush on him when I was a kid. My brother's best friend looked like him and all my school friends were jealous when his friend went of vacation with us.

10. RitaZ.

RitaZ. Move on don't hesitate, break out.

Wow! He looks a lot older than 44, what a shame! :(

11. poohandwendy

poohandwendy DIS Veteran

LOL, actually I was thinking more along the lines of 'this could incriminate me in a court of law someday', LOL

12. mickey4ver

mickey4ver It All Started with a Mouse!

He was on some show of some kind I saw some time back....saying how he was clean and after paralyzing his friend in an accident he caused,all the remorse and pain he suffered from causing it, and how he was going to get straight....yada, yada, yada.............so sad...causing all that pain and doing that to a friend, and he still hasn't hit the bottom of the barrel to want to climb out........

13. nwdisgal

nwdisgal DIS Veteran

Oh, and to think he used to be an idol. :rolleyes: His before and after picture would be good for an anti-drug campaign.

14. Holly

Holly <font color=00cc22>Nothing left to do but smile, s

It would.

Poor guy, I hope he gets some help and cleans up.

15. OhMari

OhMari WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator Moderator

I read in a post interview-he can't wait to go to rehab. It wants to meet people. He sounds like a very lonely person.

16. Deb in IA

Deb in IA Knows that KIDS are better

His mom and Danny Bonaduce had an interesting exchange of words on Good Morning America yesterday.

Mom was saying that she blamed herself for letting him be influenced too much by his managers, taking him to places and exposing him to things that he should not have been doing.

Danny, on the other hand, was saying that Leif is a grown man now, and she cannot be responsible for what he does to himself anymore.

17. hucifer

hucifer <font color=blue>The tag that was here was staler

He got HOT!

18. Dan Murphy

Dan Murphy We are family.

Drugs will do a person in, regardless how cute were. Sad culture.

19. nwdisgal

nwdisgal DIS Veteran

That's right. Her son has to take responsibility for his own life. Danny's had his share of problems too. I hope he's doing okay.

20. AnaheimGirl

AnaheimGirl DIS Veteran

Oh, no!! I shouldn't have opened the link! I'd rather remember him as the cutie pie in the posters on my wall. :sad2:

21. HugsForEeyore

HugsForEeyore <font color=coral>Heck with the rides, give me som

It is incredibly sad for these former teen-age stars. They already reached the high point of their lives at a young age, and they will never achieve that again. To go from having so much attention and press and fans, to an adult "has-been" is horribly difficult. And to lose the "Hollywood looks" on top of that, as Leif starting balding in his 20's. (He always wears a hat/bandana in interviews). These former stars need a new cause to be involved in, or a new job, something, anything! But many turn to drugs, and the downward slide from there. :(

I seen shows about Leif on VH1 and he always says he clean now, but obviously it was never true. Only he himself can turn it around, and chances are he probably won't. :(