Releasing Inventory

DJNOWICK

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know when changes and cancellations get put back into inventory? In other words, if I cancel a resort ressie today when does it go back into inventory and become available for someone else...for internet bookings? For phone bookings?

People always say to keep checking back to see if something is available that wasn't previously available...do you check multiple times a day, or just once at a certain time?

Thanks!

I don't know *when* it becomes available, I just know that it does. I would think it might happen fairly quickly (it does with ADR's), so if you were to cancel something, there would be a good chance that someone, somewhere would be able to snatch it up almost immediately (especially if they searched at just the right moment).

I believe that checking for a cancelation is just a luck of the draw... so check back periodically (maybe at least once a day). More importantly, begin checking back regularly around the 50 day mark... when people begin to see they won't be able to take their trip & are canceling or changing the ressie before the 45 day window when the balance is due.

I was wondering about this as well...I just booked a trip for my dad and step mom (they finally agreed to try Disney)..and I could not get a room with us at Wilderness lodge using the room rate deal, so I had to put them over at animal Kingdom lodge, but I am hoping I can getthem over at WL with us before we leave for our December trip. I will keep checking back.:goodvibes

WEll this happened to me 10 minutes ago. I must have checked on line today 10 times for an AKL SV CL room - no luck under the new promotion code. CAlled Disney, CM says "that is almost impossible to get CL there, goes so fast, etc". Tells me sorry no luck then says "oh wait, it is here". Told me he hit refresh just as he was about to say goodbye to me and there it was. Someone just cancelled he said. Also told me any cancellations made Sat or Sunday won't show up in inventory until Monday at 7 AM.

Thanks everyone! I thought I had heard something about 7am -- maybe it was the weekend thing.

Glad you got your AKL CL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter