Relaxing

MeganMango

Mouseketeer
I didn't really know where to post this, but I'm coming to Disney solo either March 7-11 or March 6-11.

I'll be staying at All Star Sports. I was wondering if there is anywhere where I can go to relax for part of the day. Are there any lakes on Disney's property (that Disney's transportation can take you)? I was there a few years ago and stayed at the Polynesian with a friend (but was only there for Marathon weekend) and remember there being a little beach area. Disney told me over the phone I can go anywhere on property to use pools/relaxing areas .

So what's your go to for relaxing by water? Lakes/sand is preferred but pools are fine too if lakes aren't there. I wanted to get to the beach for a day but a rental is too expensive since I'm under 25.

AKL is a beautiful resort & would be a great place to roam around, check out the animal viewing areas & get something to eat
I always make a stop at the Poly to hang out there for a while by the water
Yacht & Beach Club also has an area with a beach & chairs
Boardwalk has plenty of benches by the water & you can grab a snack at the bakery
Taking a walk on the path that goes along the water from Epcot IG to HS would be relaxing since it's usually pretty empty
Take a boat from MK to any of the resorts & back

AKL is a beautiful resort & would be a great place to roam around, check out the animal viewing areas & get something to eat
I always make a stop at the Poly to hang out there for a while by the water
Yacht & Beach Club also has an area with a beach & chairs
Boardwalk has plenty of benches by the water & you can grab a snack at the bakery
Taking a walk on the path that goes along the water from Epcot IG to HS would be relaxing since it's usually pretty empty
Take a boat from MK to any of the resorts & back

Thank you for those suggestions!!! I will take note!! Do you know if the boat is free? Silly question, maybe ;)

I always make time for some relaxation while I'm there. I've been so many times that nothing is mandatory for me to do. My favorites relaxing strolls are some that have already been mentioned. AKL is great during the day when everyone else is in the parks. You can ask the very knowledgeable guides about the animals while you're touring around the various viewing stations. Go from your resort to AK and then the bus from there to AKL. I also like going to the TTC and walking from there to the Polynesian and then on to the Grand Floridian. Take your bus to the MK and then monorail to the TTC. I know you can take the monorail directly to the Poly, but I like the extra walk. Also, walk from the MK to the Contemporary, then take the boat over to the Wilderness Lodge or even Fort Wilderness--both very quiet places during the day (note--construction currently at the WL--didn't really bother me when I went in December though). Have a great time!

Just to avoid any surprises: contrary to what Disney told you over the phone, the use of resort pools may be limited to the guests who are staying at that resort (with some exceptions). Unless they have changed their policy in the last few months. But I like all of the suggestions so far.

I do enjoy occasionally hopping to other resorts. The Epcot resort area features the Boardwalk, which provides a nice area for strolling and watching the boats pass between Epcot and the Yacht/Beach Clubs.

I also enjoy the boat ride between Disney Springs and Port Orleans resort (or any of the resorts in that area). You could stop at Port Orleans French Quarter for some beignets.

Also, if you have access to the water parks, I find the lazy rivers to be a fantastic way to relax. Just grab a tube and float away your stresses through a scenic flume. At least during the off season when it's not completely jammed with kids. :)

There are hammocks on the beach at the polynesian. It is a lovely spot. No swimming in any of the lakes on Disney property though.
The pools are for resort guests. Many of them require use of magic band to get in. You can use the pool at the all star resort, but not the others.
The Boardwalk is a nice place to wander.

Over in FWC, there are places to sit and enjoy the water under the trees.
Take a walk around one of the loops or down the trail from FWC to VWL/WL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter