Relax…Keep Calm…A Taking It Easy Adult Trip to Food and Wine The End!! 5.21.15

Our final morning dawned early and sunny!!

Sunny? YES!!!!

Keith suggested we get matching Mickey Mouse shirts...and wear them on our final day!!

Welcome to the dark side Keith. Muahaha.

I know it's probably the humidity, but it gives the photos a nice eerie look that is ever so appropriate.

Part of me is certainly sad about the rain, but I can't lie. It makes me feel a teeny bit better knowing that it wasn't confined to just my trip.

Sunny? YES!!!!

It was so nice to see some sun!!!

Welcome to the dark side Keith. Muahaha.

He tries to be sly...but he's slowly crossing over!!! Bwahahaha!!!

I know it's probably the humidity, but it gives the photos a nice eerie look that is ever so appropriate.

I thought so too!!

Part of me is certainly sad about the rain, but I can't lie. It makes me feel a teeny bit better knowing that it wasn't confined to just my trip.

I totally, 110% understand exactly what you mean!!

Alright, this is it!! Our final night at Disney!!! Where do we wind back up at?! Hollywood Studios!!!

Under some gray skies, but thankfully that's all it is and I can happily say it did not rain on our final night!!

We head into DHS and this will be the last time we see this view!

And I took a few random pictures as we walked through the park:

And then Keith stopped for another Photopass picture!

Our destination...we have arrived!!

I was bored, I assume!!

But then we were indoors!

Finally it was our time to go through the movies!!

The "oldies"

The gangsters...

And the old west:

Greed will get you every time!!

Tarzan:

Casablanca

And The Wizard of Oz

Continued in the following post...

And soon it was time for our final dinner reservation. We were in DHS but our ADR was in Epcot. this wasn't a big deal until I realized that our ADR was for 6:30 and not 6:45 like I had thought! So suddenly we were huffing it through DHS onto the boat, depart at Beach Club and huff it to Epcot and on to Germany!! And we made it right on time! I like being early but I was happy to not be too late this time!

The last time we were at Biergarten, I had gotten sick and couldn't eat. I was looking forward to this meal!!

Patiently waiting...

Yummy food!!!!

The Oompha Band...great entertainment!!

Keith loves the beer here!

And we enjoyed more entertainment!!

As always the food was delicious and this time I was able to enjoy it. Our table mates...one family kept totally to themselves. Another couple, we talked to. It was his first time and her 3rd. He had interesting observations such as how gullible does Disney really think we are? Such as the animals on the jeep tour have barriers. They aren't really free roaming. Surely they know everyone knows better than to think we are going on a tour to see animals in a "real" habitat. There were other observations but I will not bore you. Very friendly people, just a bit too realistic! Maybe a visit to Figment, huh?! haha

We leave the restaurant and make our way to Norway (I have to purchase Layla!).

After leaving Norway, we walked back through all of World Showcase. As we got to the bridge between France and England, the fireworks for Frozen at DHS were going off:

We stop for one more Photopass picture:

Then we are off again:

We decide one more ride is in order and the wait time was very short so went in!

I prefer row 1 but went with 2 this time:

Getting our instructions!

Take off those ears!

And then after our trip over Cali,we were making our way out...so long Epcot!! Until next time!! Which is in 5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!

While we didn't make the 4 Parks in 1 Day but we did do DHS and Epcot twice in one day...kind of the same thing, right!?

So that was our trip!! It was fun and relaxing even if it did rain a whole, whole, whole lot!! I will make one final post before I head out Friday!!!

Finally it was our time to go through the movies!!

You know, I think this might be almost as photographed as Cinderella Castle. :laughing:

Never been to Biergarten but it does look like fun. I'm always impressed when these TS restaurants seem to have so much for kids to enjoy.

Oh wow, it would appear that your table mate has a really good grasp of the obvious.

I was thinking you didn't even attempt the 4 parks 1 day this time. But DHS and Epcot twice in one day... I can accept that. :thumbsup2

You know, I think this might be almost as photographed as Cinderella Castle. :laughing:

I alone probably have a hundred pictures of this!

Never been to Biergarten but it does look like fun. I'm always impressed when these TS restaurants seem to have so much for kids to enjoy.

Oh wow, it would appear that your table mate has a really good grasp of the obvious.

You need to try it some time...it is so good!!! We were thinking "Really?!" because this is Disney World...not the Smithsonian! :rolleyes: HaHa!!

I was thinking you didn't even attempt the 4 parks 1 day this time. But DHS and Epcot twice in one day... I can accept that. :thumbsup2

We have been slipping on the 4 Parks 1 Day thing! Maybe next week we can pick it up! It is a goal unless my aunt and uncle can't hang with us!

This is it!! I actually finished this TR. It took me long enough! And I am surprised how much I remembered!! And I got it in just under the wire...we leave tomorrow night for our next Disney adventure!!!

Our final day was on Saturday and basically we got up, loaded the car, went to the gift shop one last time, and hit the road!!! I do have a few pictures to share though!!

One final look at the room...this was the goodbye before the door closed that final time!

The grounds of Port Orleans Riverside:

And the lobby area:

We hit the road and stopped for my "when I go to Florida" meal:

I love Shake and Steak!!

Somewhere along HWY 98 in Mississippi the sun began to set:

And the next day we went and picked up one happy dog!!

She loves going to my parents' house for her "vacation" but also loves coming home!

And I always share some of my souvenirs!!

From The Marketplace Co-Op:

one pillow-front and back (top pictures and the next two pictures...they had a "special" of 2 for $40...and although I have a Marketing degree and know better, I got sucked in to the Mouse's marketing strategy!)

I love these plates and they are in a plate rack in our breakfast room. I plan to add to these next week and get two more!

I always have a WDW key chain and a while back mine broke, so I bought two so I have a back-up...they are both on my key chain! Oh well!!

This came from Mousegears...but can be bought anywhere pretty much! A picture frame:

And for Madison...Olaf from DHS!!

and she collects Elephants...this also came from The Marketplace Co-Op:

And also from Marketplace Co-Op...a Vera Wang id key chain and a pin which Madison collects (she loves soccer!):

And finally...a Halloween pumpkin that graced my table when I got home!

In closing, this was a great trip despite the rain...and there was SO MUCH rain!!!! But we set out for a relaxing, adult trip and that was what we got!! We did the things we really wanted to do with little to no time schedule. We enjoyed wonderful food and loads of entertainment. We relaxed by the pool and took it easy going to the parks.

Now, my focus is on next week and making even more magical memories with my family and adding in my aunt and uncle to the mix! I am so excited and ready to get this trip on the road! I just know it will be over before I know it!

Thanks for all who jumped back on board and read along...whether you commented or not, I am SO HAPPY you were here!! And now farewell and until next time my Dear DisFriends!!!!

Great update and finish Tinks! I LOVE the Great Movie Ride and can't wait to see what Turner Classic Movies will do to it during the refurb. Another trip already? WOW!! Lucky you. I'm looking forward to your next TR. We have 3 months until our next trip so you should be able to get your TR report in before I start mine!

Great job finishing!

It looks like the band did a pretty decent show at Biergarten when you were there. We have only eaten there once and no kids went down and I think they only did about 3 songs. I don't remember exactly - just that it was short and I was disappointed. Maybe I will have to give it another try.

I love the final pictures. Farewell, POR!

I hope you are having a great trip and I can't wait to read all about it!

Oops - forgot to mention: I LOVE your pillows!!! Where is this Marketplace co-op you speak of? How do I not know about it?

Great update and finish Tinks! I LOVE the Great Movie Ride and can't wait to see what Turner Classic Movies will do to it during the refurb. Another trip already? WOW!! Lucky you. I'm looking forward to your next TR. We have 3 months until our next trip so you should be able to get your TR report in before I start mine!

We love The Great Movie Ride too! Can you believe we contemplated doing TGMR last Friday and decided not to wait 45 minutes...had I only known that day was the TCM debut! >:( Ahhhh...only three months! Back to Disney or is this the cruise??

Great job finishing!

It looks like the band did a pretty decent show at Biergarten when you were there. We have only eaten there once and no kids went down and I think they only did about 3 songs. I don't remember exactly - just that it was short and I was disappointed. Maybe I will have to give it another try.

I love the final pictures. Farewell, POR!

I hope you are having a great trip and I can't wait to read all about it!

Wow, that stinks about the band! They played for nearly 20-30 minutes this time and were very entertaining!

It was an awesome trip!!! :yay::yay:

Oops - forgot to mention: I LOVE your pillows!!! Where is this Marketplace co-op you speak of? How do I not know about it?

Thanks...these pillows are so :cloud9:!! Marketplace Co-Op is in Downtown Disney next to Guest Services/Tren-D...the same little complex of stores. It includes several stores with unique items and some that can be found elsewhere but the kitchen area is super cool with one of a kind items! The pillows came from but I can now say, after last week, that they can also be found in each parks "marquee" store like Mousegears at Epcot and the Emporium at MK!!

We love The Great Movie Ride too! Can you believe we contemplated doing TGMR last Friday and decided not to wait 45 minutes...had I only known that day was the TCM debut! >:( Ahhhh...only three months! Back to Disney or is this the cruise??

Three months until our Alaska cruise then back to WDW in Dec followed by a return to WDW in Apr2016 for F&G combined with another cruise on the Magic this time and then F&W in the fall of 2016. Then for 2017 . . . .

Three months until our Alaska cruise then back to WDW in Dec followed by a return to WDW in Apr2016 for F&G combined with another cruise on the Magic this time and then F&W in the fall of 2016. Then for 2017 . . . .

I thought it was the Alaska cruise...that should be amazing!! You are an uber planner!!:rotfl: And that made my head spin but how awesome are all of those trips!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter