Relax…Keep Calm…A Taking It Easy Adult Trip to Food and Wine The End!! 5.21.15

My morning was just getting started!!Even with the leisurely walk down Main Street and stopping to take so many pictures the time was only:

I did have FPPs set aside for today:

But other than those plans, I really didn't have an idea where I wanted to go! I made it into FantasyLand and decided to see what the wait times looked like. They were all pretty decent so I decided to head for:

It was pretty much a walk-on! We don't always ride Peter Pan because the wait is usually long and we aren't going to use a FPP on this one. But it worked out perfectly for me!

Look kids! It's Big Ben! It's Parliament!...sorry, wrong movie but we are still flying over London!!

The mermaids...

Wendy is walking the plank...

Peter Pan and Captain Hook fighting it out:

Those weren't the best pictures yet it is some of the best I've ever gotten. And the crazy thing is this wasn't attempted with the DSLR but my I-Phone that has been taking all of those crappy pictures! Some things I just don't get!

I exit Peter Pan and the time is now:

So I decide a ride through it's a small world was in order! After all, it is just across the walkway and the wait wasn't long either!

I exit it's a small world and walk towards the Rapunzel Tower.

I stop to see if I can locate some of the hidden Pascals...I found one, seems like I found a few more but I only have a picture of one:

Then I backtrack...I am telling you, I was just a wanderer on this morning!!! No goals had me aimlessly wandering about and full of discovery (or rediscovery!!)

Continued in the following post...

I found myself heading back towards Cinderella Castle:

And then rediscovering the mosaics inside the castle's passageway!

A quick selfie since I am solo!

And then I begin my trek to LibertyLand! Now I do remember this vividly since this is what we do every time we are at MK for EMH Morning...we head straight for Haunted Mansion when the 9 am hour dawns near!

I basically walk straight into the stretching room:

And then I board my Doom Buggy heading into that haunted house...

Ghostly candlelabras...

And ghastly ghosts!!

I make my exit and manage to shake off those pesky hitchhiking ghosts!

And then I have to decide..."what next?!?!". I walk slowly past Tom Sawyer's Island, again just taking it in!

I have a goal in mind actually!!

Yo-Ho-Yo-Ho, It's a A Pirate's Life for me!

IMG_4985%20-%20Copy.jpg

After Pirates of the Caribbean, it's time for my 7DMT FPP...

So I head back towards the castle:

Then the time has arrived!! My first go at 7DMT!!!

After a fun ride through the mine, I head back towards the front of the park...it is time for my solo day to become a duo day!!

It is about 10:30 am by now and I feel like I have already had an extremely successful day!! It really has been a great morning but so much still lies ahead!!

Oh my goodness!!! That's crazy! :eek: I think black bears are cool...but at a distance and not of the Ole Miss kind!! :laughing:

My morning was just getting started!!Even with the leisurely walk down Main Street and stopping to take so many pictures the time was only:

SEE. Proof that good things happen when you relax, keep calm, and take it easy.

I just have to ride Pan on each trip. It's that old school ride that I hope they never ever change.

The mermaids...

:)

So I decide a ride through it's a small world was in order!

Um... I may just have to skip ahead a little. Oh look the Tangled Tinkle Spot.

..I am telling you, I was just a wanderer on this morning!!!

This is SO TRUE and I can totally relate. When you're in that mindset this just happens. And it's glorious.

WOW, I think you had a splendid solo morning if I do say so myself. :goodvibes

SEE. Proof that good things happen when you relax, keep calm, and take it easy.

I just have to ride Pan on each trip. It's that old school ride that I hope they never ever change.

You're so correct!

You never know what you're missing when rushing through and jumping from one attraction to the next!

I do like PP, we just seem to get there when the wait is an hour or so...so we may or may not ride each trip. But it is an awesome old school ride that I feel should not be touched or removed!

Um... I may just have to skip ahead a little. Oh look the Tangled Tinkle Spot.

HaHa! Madison informed me Friday night that iasw one that can be skipped on this upcoming trip!

This is SO TRUE and I can totally relate. When you're in that mindset this just happens. And it's glorious.

WOW, I think you had a splendid solo morning if I do say so myself. :goodvibes

I love the wandering when I know what's going on and it can be so very glorious!!! I was pleased with my morning!

My solo morning was over and it was time to meet up with Keith! I met him at the front of the park and we made our way back down Main Street...Yep, we were staying at MK!! It was almost time for the BTMRR FPP but we decided to forego the ride for something else! We had rode BTMRR a few days prior so we weren't really missing the ride, just missing it at this point and time!

So down Main Street we go:

And then Keith suggests the unthinkable (coming from him!):

He actually suggested we stop for a picture!!

Then we made our way towards Tomorrowland!

And our first stop is one of our favorites!

Which was then followed by lunch at:

We both enjoyed the rotiesserie chicken with green beans and mashed potatoes! This is an amazing meal for counter service!!

And we have a little entertainment provided by Sonny Eclipse!

After our delicious, filling meal, we head off to our newly discovered attraction! (Keith never listens to me and when he finally does, he finds out I am always right!!)

Can you tell where we are? I'm sure you are astute enough to recognize we are back on The PeopleMover!

Once we finish our little tour of Tomorrowland, we head off and then Keith does it again! He was just full of surprises!!!

And then it was time for our Jungle Cruise FPP!

We are loaded onto our boat in short order and the Skipper gets us going!!

I love the corny jokes!!!

And of course...the backside of water!!

Another Disney Classic!!! We love Jungle Cruise!

Then we decide to check out the wait time for Splash Mountain!

It isn't too long so we jump in line!

IMG_5014%20-%20Copy.jpg

Once we have found our laughing place, we head off to take a spin on the WDW Railroad!

We make our exit at the Main Street Station and enjoy the view of Main Street USA!

A short park bench video:

Our time at Magic Kingdom has come to an end and now we our off to our next adventure!!

Nice update and I can't believe you got those pics at Peter Pan with your iPhone. That is the hardest dark ride for me to get any pic worth a flip. BTW...I think you're finally wearing Keith down...2 pics in one day...AT HIS REQUEST?!?! :cool1::thumbsup2

What's next, he suggests you get ADRs at V&A? :rotfl:

Nice update and I can't believe you got those pics at Peter Pan with your iPhone. That is the hardest dark ride for me to get any pic worth a flip. BTW...I think you're finally wearing Keith down...2 pics in one day...AT HIS REQUEST?!?! :cool1::thumbsup2

What's next, he suggests you get ADRs at V&A? :rotfl:

I was so surprised by those pictures too! Especially since I haven't had great luck even with expensive cameras and my phone was taking such bad ones!

I think maybe he is slowly coming around but V&A would probably make me have a stroke!
:rotfl2:

Let's see...I left off with us off to our next adventure! Our new adventure would take us back to Epcot!! We decided to ride the ferry to get to the TTC. I read an article the other day saying to avoid the ferry because it's a huge waste of time...but I disagree!!! I love riding the ferry (and the monorail and the buses and any other mode of transportation that requires little from me)!!

Farewell Magic Kingdom!!

Hello new Poly bungalows...I guess these pictures are very outdated now!!

Once we dock, we walk the ramp to the monorail and soon we are entering Epcot!

And before long we are entering the front gates!

Look at the blue sky and palm trees!!!

We decided to head to a favorite first!!

Living with the Land!

And of course you have to get the hidden Mickey!

Then we decide to head off for a little Food and Wine snackage!!

Puerto Rico was a great food kiosk! I think this was one of my faves, plus it had a great sitting area with great views!

Ensalada de Carrucho

Carne Guisada con ArrozBlanco

Then we stopped at Patagonia!

Where I got the Empanadas which were so good two years ago...and still are!!

continued in the following post...

Our next stop was Poland:

First was the Kielbasa and Potato Pierogi:

This wasn't bad but it is identical to what I have been cooking for years...so this was not unique in the least!!

And also we tried the Sauerkraut Pierogi:

This was pretty tasty, though!

We found ourselves at the American Adventure

And then we decided to sit and watch the Eat to the Beat Concert. It was going to be Rick Springfield which I had been super excited about! But he had a movie or something so a replacement act was brought in was the Commodores!!! I was okay with this also but the sky looked so ominous!

Before long, The Commodores were taking stage!

We got in about 30 good minutes before the first sprinkles were felt! We decided to take cover and it was just in time! But The Commodores kept on rockin' it!!

We had taken cover in the gift shop in looked around while we listened to the music. This was the scene outside:

We decided to make a purchase (one was a complete surprise to me but you will have to wait to see it!) and the other was ponchos!

Finally the downpour let up and we struck out in search of more adventures and food!

Between Morocco and France was the Brazil kiosk, which had a dish I really wanted to give a try!

What did want to try? The pork belly...which sounds gross! I am from the south and know more than I care to about pork products. Up close and personal with chittlins is more than anyone wants to know! :crazy2: So pork belly didn't sound to appealing but evidently it is listed on a lot of fancier restaurant menus so I thought this would be a good way to see what the fuss is about!

Uhm, it is pretty good! Actually it was very good and I was happily surprised! I guess I was thinking more along the lines of pig feet, pig ears, something tough and chewy. Instead the pork belly was like a pork roast, so I guess I know now!

We leave Epcot and head off towards the Boardwalk Resort and the bus stop. Our supper ADR was for 9pm but we were getting tired and thought we'd go see if we could sneak in sooner. We ended up at DTD and Raglan Road!

They told us no problem but we'd have to wait about 30 minutes. That meant getting seated around 7:30 pm which was better than 9 pm, so we said okay and proceeded to wait:

Directional signs peaking around the walls:

I am so super excited for the new places to try over the coming years!!

Soon we are seated and ready to get this meal on the road!!

This is our third try at Raglan Road...you know the sayings "third times the charm" and "three strikes and you're out"? Well I know Raglan Road is tops on so many people's list but this is our third try and "three strikes and you are OUT"! It may be a long time before we return. We have had waiter issues, waiter and food issues and this time food issues. Every time it is a let down...so here are our steaks:

Desserts were not a lot to choose from but I did have something orange related and it was decent.

After dinner was over, we headed to the boat to take a ride back to POR.

And soon we were back at POR and ready to call it a night!

Friday is dawning and it is our final day!!! Can I get this done in NINE DAYS?!?!? My trip is getting so close!!!

I read an article the other day saying to avoid the ferry because it's a huge waste of time...but I disagree!!!

WOW, I disagree too. A lot of people have never even ridden the ferry before and don't know what they're missing. Yes, it can sometimes take a little longer, but it's such a lovely ride.

It has been far too long since I've ridden the Monorail to Epcot. I've always loved that it actuially goes into the park before getting to the station.

We decided to head to a favorite first!!

Living with the Land!

HAHAHA, Before actually reading, no lie, I was thinking, wow, how did it get dark so fast???

Pretty cool to see the Commodores. I'm guessing no Lionel Richie?

Interesting that I had heard nothing but glowing reviews for Raglan Road over the years, but recently, more and more not so great.

What a busy day - MK, Epcot, & DTD!
Your solo morning looked like so much fun! I have been planning so long, I can barely imagine MK without a plan, but it looked very relaxing and you actually got quite a bit done.

You didn't try the tostones in Puerto Rico? My MIL is Puerto Rican and they are one of my very favorite things that she makes. It actually all looked pretty good, including the pirogies.

Ugh, more rain. At least it was a pretty morning, I guess. Those afternoon storms in Florida...

We have never tried Raglan road. I'm glad it can be skippable. There are way to many other great options.

WOW, I disagree too. A lot of people have never even ridden the ferry before and don't know what they're missing. Yes, it can sometimes take a little longer, but it's such a lovely ride.

It can take longer but I do find the approach to MK so lovely as you creep closer and closer to the park!

It has been far too long since I've ridden the Monorail to Epcot. I've always loved that it actuially goes into the park before getting to the station.

It's fun and in the past if we do not have park passes, we will ride the monorail and just "go" into Epcot!

HAHAHA, Before actually reading, no lie, I was thinking, wow, how did it get dark so fast???

HAHA! That is funny!!

Pretty cool to see the Commodores. I'm guessing no Lionel Richie?

You'd guess correctly!!

Interesting that I had heard nothing but glowing reviews for Raglan Road over the years, but recently, more and more not so great.

I hate getting disappointed over and over. The first time the food was great but our server was non-existent...it just has gotten worse from there!

What a busy day - MK, Epcot, & DTD!
Your solo morning looked like so much fun! I have been planning so long, I can barely imagine MK without a plan, but it looked very relaxing and you actually got quite a bit done.

I agree about the planning! I am so stressed trying to plan around some not so great FPP times coming up that I long for that wandering morning! Hopefully it will all fall into place!

You didn't try the tostones in Puerto Rico? My MIL is Puerto Rican and they are one of my very favorite things that she makes. It actually all looked pretty good, including the pirogies.

No...now I have to go back!!! I need to search these out!! The pirogies were good...it was just that they were identical to mine so it wasn't a treat or something special. It was all good!

Ugh, more rain. At least it was a pretty morning, I guess. Those afternoon storms in Florida...

Yes, more rain! The afternoon Florida thunderstorms, I can handle. They rarely send me out of the park. The several hours long, torrential downpours...those were a different story! So I was happy this was one of the brief ones!

We have never tried Raglan road. I'm glad it can be skippable. There are way to many other great options.

I'd say skippable...unless you just want the experience. I will say that the dancers/entertainment are really great, though!

Our final morning dawned early and sunny!! We were beginning the last day at DHS . We boarded the bus and took a few selfies:

Notice Keith's shirt??

Now see mine!? This was all his idea the previous day when we sought refuge from the rain in the America gift shop! Yes, you read that correctly! Keith suggested we get matching Mickey Mouse shirts...and wear them on our final day!!

We arrive at DHS to beautiful blue skies!!

Maybe a few clouds but otherwise, nice weather!!

Our first destination was Rock-n-Roller! Keith waited outside while I hit up the single rider line! It was about 10 minutes so not long at all before I was zooming through LA in a super stretch limo!

Then our next destination was...THE TWILIGHT ZONE!!!

I really love the whole experience of ToT!

We were trying to look bored...

Do you know how hard it is to look bored when you are enjoying something!?!?

Now it was time for lunch! So we made our way to our new favorite CS spot at DHS. It's not amazing but it has not disappointed!!

We both got the hamburger with the fried shrimp! Yum!!

After we ate, the decision was made to head over to Epcot! One of our final looks at the hat:

A sing-a-long was going on in front of the hat:

We made it to the boat dock and had to wait briefly:

While waiting in line, I thought this was funny. What exactly is Pluto sniffing??

Another selfie:

A look at my bruise from 4 days before:

That thing lasted to some degree for over a month!

Aboard a Friendship Boat with an enemy looming in the background!

A reflection picture:

And the boat took a turn showing friendlier skies!

And now, just a nice relaxing ride to Epcot...

Yeah...that isn't looking promising...let's take a look at the radar:

Onward to Beach/Yacht Club:

Over to Boardwalk:

And finally our final approach!

We manage to get through the ticket area and there is an open bench, so we sit to wait out the rain:

It clears off somewhat, so we make our way into World Showcase:

We make it to England before the rain gets a little heavier so we dart into a gift shop:

Peaking out:

Then we decide to head into Future World:

Where it is raining slightly harder again!

I head into Mousegears while Keith finds a bench. A few pictures of the F&W merchandise they had for sale:

My shopping done...we make our way out...

We decide to go back to the room for a bit and wait the rain out. While on the bus, I found this funny:

How true is it, though?! I am constantly getting bumped into people looking at their phone or a map...walking as they look rather than stepping to the side. I just found this funny!!

I got off at the front stop and Keith went on to our regular bus stop. I needed to pick up some packages from earlier shopping excursions. As you can tell, it had rained at POR also:

Continued in the following post....

My destination:

Inside Fulton's:

Once my bags are collected, I make my final journey along this beautiful, peaceful walkway:

This little warning sign would have been helpful several days ago!!

We take a brief break, and then we are back out for our final night in Disney World!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter