Rehitching Ceremony at the Land

CDizney

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know who to make arrangements for a "Rehitching Ceremony" at the Land in EPCOT for my 12 th anniversary? Also, can this be done at lunch or dinner or both?

My wife & I were "rehitched" in June for our 2nd Anniversary! It was very cool! They have a little ceremony & you get a cake and a certificate!

When I made our PS for the Garden Grill, I told them it was our anniversary & asked about the "rehitching" ceremony. The CM did not seem to know what I was talking about, but he said he would put it in the computer for the PS. I also told the Hostess when we got there & then our waitre when we were seated!

We did it for dinner, but I'm sure they would be able to do it for lunch also.

Hope that helps!

The rehitching ceremony is way cool and loads of fun! Call WDW-DINE to make your PS and ask the CM to note on the PS that you want the "Rehitching Ceremony." As IndyJammer pointed out, 99 times out of 100 the CM will not have a clue about what you are asking. That's OK -- be patient and ask them (politely) to please note "Rehitching Ceremony" on the PS.

When you check-in at the Garden Grille, remind the CM that you want to do the Rehitching Ceremony. Sometimes the CM may not notice the note on the PS or may forget to write it on your card -- thus the ceremony isn't done. :(

Sam (CM) did our ceremony when we went -- we will always remember him as "Sam the Ham" because he made the BIGGEST production of it. He snagged Mickey to be Best Man and Pluto to serve on my DW's side -- not sure what Sam called that. He also got some servers to stand in, too. He had about 1/2 the restaurant involved to boot.

I hope you have a blast doing this!

BTW -- this can be done at lunch or dinner. Scheduling it at off-peak meal times gets a better chance of having some of the characters involved with you.

We did this on our honeymoon (just 10 weeks ago!). We did it at the Ice Cream Social at the Garden Grill. So, that's an option also and that is much more inexpensive.

COuld someone please explain in detail what the "rehitching ceremony" is? I've seen it referred to several times, but am clueless!
Thanks!\Karla B.

Originally posted by mco-missy
We did this on our honeymoon (just 10 weeks ago!). We did it at the Ice Cream Social at the Garden Grill. So, that's an option also and that is much more inexpensive.

Lisa. were you and DH the couple next to us that got re hitched after me & DW and sat with us for a picture?

This sounds interesting, my DH and I just celebrated out 10th, I wonder if we could still do it?

Does anyone have any details? Does it have to be on your exact aniversary? Do they only do this at the GG? Do they charge extra for it? Any info would be appreciated.

:Pinkbounc :bounce:

When DU requested our Garden Grill PS she asked for the rehitching at that time. Then when we arrived at the podium, I asked again, just to be sure. They had it on the sheet and were sure to add it again for our servers benefit. We enjoyed the meal, then Steve (think that was his name) the 'voice of the Garden Grill' came over to us, made us stand up and we quickly renewed our vows. (very tongue in cheek!!). Then he gave us a certificate with our names on it. But, no characters or cake. But, it was cute and my 9 y/o dd got a huge kick out of it. It was not our actual anniversary date by the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter