Regular dining plan w/Signature dining

cdepauli

Briar Rose
Can somebody smarter and less tired than me figure this out for me?

My husband and I went to WDW last September for free dining and upgraded to the deluxe dining plan. While it was fun to do once, it was waaay too much food/dining, and we are diners! :rotfl:

I'm wondering if it's worth it to add the regular dining plan (not free dining) if we would primarily use our TS credits for signature dining. We would have the TIW card and purchase one appetizer for the two of us (maybe two if we're hungry) and an alcoholic beverage per person.

Or would the TIW card on its own be better.

Thanks!

Two adults with TIW, all signature restaurants, and you're going to buy appetizers and alcohol anyway? I would think you could just go with the TIW, unless you are interested in having all those counter service meals.

Thank you for your reply!

We would use the counter service meals either for breakfast or lunch, more than likely lunch.

Yes...but would it still cost you less to pay for all that OOP with TIW, since you're going to use all or most of the TS credits for signature meals?

Each night's credits are $40, signature meals take 2 TS credits, so if you are going to spend over about $65 -70 each on your signature meals (entree and dessert only) that would be worth it, or if the CS will make up the cost to you for using your TS credits for 2 credit meals only, or if you are just interested in the convenience factor of having the dining plan, then you might want to go with the dining plan. Personally, having TIW, I would not buy the dining plan and use all the TS credits for 2 credit meals. The value just isn't there. Free dining would be another story but you don't have that.

If you're talking maybe a couple of 2 credit meals and the rest are 1 credit, it might help with the value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter