Registration Question

jessicalynn88

Mouseketeer
Question on registering for the races. I'm new to this and I'm confused about the runDisney site versus Active.com. On the day registration opens, do you go to the runDisney site and is there a link to Active? Does that put you in the queue or do you have to have an Active.com account? Also, I saw someone mention getting on the site 15 minutes before hand, do you just keep refreshing. I will be doing two registrations, one AP and one regular, is it different for the different types?

The runDisney site will link you to the Active site once registration opens. If you get on early and keep refreshing, you can jump on the registration as soon as the link goes live and in the past that sometimes happens a few minutes early. In some cases once you click on the link you may be placed in a queue if active.com is full up, but it should route you on to the registration page once it frees up. You don't have to have an active.com account already, but having one in advance will make the registration go faster. I've not done AP, but yes, I believe that you have to access the registration link from a different location but I'm not sure where. Someone familiar with it will chime in I'm sure.

Yeah, link from Disney takes you right to Active, which basically hosts the sign up! I most definitely recommend making an Active account well in advance and making sure the account is 100% good to go! There is a free account or paid. Paid is pretty nice if your going to start running regularly. You get discounts (which adds up) and they send you e-mails of local races and mention other races you could be interested in traveling to. Having an account makes it so much faster! It can be crazy at registration time! A lot of people logging in at once really slows down the servers! If you plan on just doing a 5k, 10k, or half race by themselves, usually they don't fill up super fast. If you want to do a challenge they fill up first! Then the 10k! And then the 5k and half can take up to a day or more to fill up depending on which themed race it is. My advice once you make your active account, log on right at 12 and to keep refreshing like ZellyB suggested! I believe the only difference for AP is that registration opens up a few days earlier, and those too are limited. Maybe a couple hundred openings and then once they fill up you will have to register with everyone else.

There is a free account or paid. Paid is pretty nice if your going to start running regularly. You get discounts (which adds up) and they send you e-mails of local races and mention other races you could be interested in traveling to.

But I don't think the paid account gives you *anything* for the rundisney events. No discounts, no nothing. I could be wrong.

But I don't think the paid account gives you *anything* for the rundisney events. No discounts, no nothing. I could be wrong.

It does, but it's really not much. You're basically paying your Active.com fees "up-front" when you do a paid account ... they waive all the Active.com registration fees if you have a premium account, which is $70. It worked for me THIS YEAR because my registrations via Active would have netted fees over $140. So, I saved $70 in Active fees by doing a paid account. But it's really not for everyone.

Right now, they're doing a special for $.99 to try it for a month. Watch to see if they extend this special through the March registration date for W&D - it's a quick way to save about $10.

Even for disney, though? That's what I had read, that it does NOT take off the fees for the disney events.

Dang, if only I'd known in 2014, LOL.

Yeah, nothing particular for Disney. Most discounts are for other races. That's why I suggested for people who want to become more regular runners. Just something to think about if your going to make an account!

so, when I go to rundisney as an AP, where or how do I find the link to register early? right now I'm trying to click on the link that just explains the benefit of early registration and it is saying page not available? so WHERE can I find out the exact date for AP registrations? thank you in advance :)

so, when I go to rundisney as an AP, where or how do I find the link to register early? right now I'm trying to click on the link that just explains the benefit of early registration and it is saying page not available? so WHERE can I find out the exact date for AP registrations? thank you in advance :)
Sign in to your AP account. It'll be under Annual Passholders > Events and Special Offers > Passholders! Enjoy Early Registration for runDisney Events!

That page hasn't worked for me lately in Chrome, Safari or Firefox, and my AP is good until early September. :rolleyes2

Lately AP/DVC registration has been 1 week before regular registration.

Sign in to your AP account. It'll be under Annual Passholders > Events and Special Offers > Passholders! Enjoy Early Registration for runDisney Events!

That page hasn't worked for me lately in Chrome, Safari or Firefox, and my AP is good until early September. :rolleyes2

Thank you very much ! I just got my ap this week, so I'm not so familiar with it all :) I'll have to find that place to sign in. Thanks again, hoping to be ready!

Even for disney, though? That's what I had read, that it does NOT take off the fees for the disney events.

Dang, if only I'd known in 2014, LOL.

This is a recent change (last year or so). A max of $10 in Active fees is waived if you have a paid account, even for runDisney. Although, I haven't registered for a race since Sept 2015 so I don't know if it's changed. I did get $10 off in fees for Dark Side. I did the $0.99 trial.

I haven't been able to get onto the page AT ALL...I've called tech support twice and they say it's a problem on the annual pass page that they are aware of and working on... Hoping it's fixed before registration, it's 80% the reason I bought the pass.

I haven't been able to get onto the page AT ALL...I've called tech support twice and they say it's a problem on the annual pass page that they are aware of and working on... Hoping it's fixed before registration, it's 80% the reason I bought the pass.
Just an FYI...having the pass doesn't guarantee you a spot, just gives you an extra chance to get in. :)

Just an FYI...having the pass doesn't guarantee you a spot, just gives you an extra chance to get in. :)

Yes, I realize it's a limited amount of spots, just gives me am extra shot. But the fact that the passholder pages aren't up for me to view at all makes me stressed for the actual day. :)

Yes, I realize it's a limited amount of spots, just gives me am extra shot. But the fact that the passholder pages aren't up for me to view at all makes me stressed for the actual day. :)

Yes, I keep trying on different browsers and can't access the AP page either. Should I contact Tech Support as well? This is stressing me out too, although I guess if no one can get in no one can register. I've tried Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge.

Edited to add, when AP registration opens, assuming the site is fixed, is that where we go to register? Annual Passholders -> Events and Special Offers -> Run Disney?

Last edited:
Yes, I keep trying on different browsers and can't access the AP page either. Should I contact Tech Support as well? This is stressing me out too, although I guess if no one can get in no one can register. I've tried Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge.

Edited to add, when AP registration opens, assuming the site is fixed, is that where we go to register? Annual Passholders -> Events and Special Offers -> Run Disney?

I've called twice, they said they are aware and working diligently on it. I explained also my concern was specifically in regards to signing up for the race, she said they are definately working because of that. She also conformed it's a problem for ALL Passholders not just a select few, so no one would be able to get in. But i plan on calling again ;) in just going to wait a day.

For those that are suggesting getting online a little early and just hitting 'refresh' are you referring to sitting on the active.com page and refreshing or on the runDisney page with the link and refreshing? We're registering for W&D in a couple of weeks. It will be our first runD event IF we get in....i hear this one fills up extremely fast so being online even before noon might not matter. :(

Was this after you logged in? I

still not coming up for me? were you signed in? I had a page come up yesterday so I was excited, but then I signed in to see my account and it was blank again :(
I signed in to my passholder account and it was there.
For those that are suggesting getting online a little early and just hitting 'refresh' are you referring to sitting on the active.com page and refreshing or on the runDisney page with the link and refreshing? We're registering for W&D in a couple of weeks. It will be our first runD event IF we get in....i hear this one fills up extremely fast so being online even before noon might not matter. :(
Lately they have been posting the Active.com links a little before noon EST. But the link will say something like "this even is not open yet" or whatever - that is the one that is refreshed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter