Registering for Run Disney events and the Chase Visa Rewards

VAfamily1998

DIS Veteran
So, I thought I read somewhere that you can not use the rewards you earn from the Disney Chase visa to pay for Run Disney things? Can someone confirm?

I have about $115 in rewards built up right now--not enough to pay for my registration fees (I'm hoping to register for Dopey tomorrow!), even if you are able to.

BUT I would really like to pre-order the trading pins (the whole pack of 6)--but paying that much for pins, on top of paying the huge registration fee, is going to hurt! :( If I could use my Disney rewards to at least pay for the pins, it won't seem as bad.

Is there a way to go ahead and register for Dopey, paying with my credit card, then go back and in a separate transaction, order the pins, using my chase rewards to pay?

I know that I can use the rewards to pay for official merchandise at the expo in January, but I'd rather not take the chance that anything will sell out quickly, plus the lines tend to be long...I would much rather pre-order.

Thanks!

The registration is all through active so no go on any Disney rewards/Disney gift cards etc. It's the same as buying a Mickey plush at target and trying to use a Disney dollars..

To use the rewards for pins you'll have to chance getting them onsite (which isn't usually an issue)

Do you plan to stay onsite or visit the parks while you're at the race? Use the rewards for one of those and soften the blow a little :thumbsup2

Thanks! Good idea about using the rewards towards the hotel fees, haven't decided which one to stay at yet, but it will be onsite!

Does anyone know if I register for the race today, will I be able to go back in a week or so (after payday! :) ) and purchase the pin bundle? I thought I remembered doing that for a different race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter