Registering for Oceanear Club/Lab

halfmonkey

DIS Veteran
We have two boys that we need to sign up for Oceaneasr Club/Lab. I read on the Disney Cruise website that we have to sign them up at the terminal. I guess you can't register them ahead of time while checking in.

Will they run out of space or is there plenty of space for the kids? We have to get them in so that we can eat brunch at Palo on Sunday morning. If we can't get them in, then we'll be SOL.

If anybody has been through the process, can you break it down for me? Thanks.

If you're talking about the kids clubs, there will definitely be enough room. If you mean the nursery (kids under 3), you would want to book that online before the cruise because space fills up.

If you're registering them for the kids club though, no need to worry! They already know how many kids will be aboard, and always have room. You just need to register so the kids get a gps bracelet so they know when and where they are in the clubs, to set up a password you will use to check them in and out of the club, and to let them know of any special needs. You can sign them up in the terminal when you arrive, or wait and do it at the desk of the kids club once on board. Happy cruising!

We have two boys that we need to sign up for Oceaneasr Club/Lab. I read on the Disney Cruise website that we have to sign them up at the terminal. I guess you can't register them ahead of time while checking in.

Will they run out of space or is there plenty of space for the kids? We have to get them in so that we can eat brunch at Palo on Sunday morning. If we can't get them in, then we'll be SOL.

When you do your online check in there's a place to click a link to register your kids for Oceaneer's. Now, if your kids are 9 and over, you won't have that option, because that age and older will have self-check in and out privileges. You will also do a registration either in the terminal before boarding or onboard the first time you take the kids to the club.

If you wish to remove the self-check in and out privilege for kids 9-12, you can do that at the club.

You can register them when you do your on-line check-in process (just remember the password you choose). When you get to the terminal, if the line isn't too long, you can get their wristbands or just wait until you board and go to the Club/Lab, it's likely to be less crowded than the terminal.

When you do your online check in there's a place to click a link to register your kids for Oceaneer's. Now, if your kids are 9 and over, you won't have that option, because that age and older will have self-check in and out privileges. You will also do a registration either in the terminal before boarding or onboard the first time you take the kids to the club.

If you wish to remove the self-check in and out privilege for kids 9-12, you can do that at the club.

My son is 10yo and I was able to pre-register him for the club/lab along with his 8yo sister. He ended up going to Edge, but was able to keep the ability to go to the club/lab if he wanted too. I had to give permission at the terminal for him to check himself in/out of the kids club. This was just last month on the Fantasy.

My daughter is 10, our trip leaves next month, and we do have the ability to register her online. I'm not sure what age that cuts off, but it must be older than 10.

You can register online, but just as others have said you have to go to the club and get them a bracelet. But there seems to always be room.

Keep in mind, some kids don't fall in love with it either. Our boys are 7 & 8, love school, love day care and on the weekends spend most of their time outside playing with the neighborhood kids. We thought they would opt for the kids club over hanging with Mom & Dad. They went for a few hours a couple of times, even said it was fun but they wanted to spend time with us.

Didn't understand at first because it did seem like a very cool place but we let them go when they wanted and just looked at the navigator each night and highlighted activities they might want to do in the club.

Thank you all for the information. I went online to the online check in section to revisit it because I don't recall having the option to pre-register them for the club. I was able to find this section that talks about the club. I can select who is able to check them out and what the password is. Is this what you guys are talking about?

My daughter is 10, our trip leaves next month, and we do have the ability to register her online. I'm not sure what age that cuts off, but it must be older than 10.

I registered both of mine online also. My son is 11. I know when we went last September, we had to give permission for them to check themselves out. We opted just to check them out ourselves. I wanted to know that if I dropped them off there, I would have to go pick them up.

Thank you all for the information. I went online to the online check in section to revisit it because I don't recall having the option to pre-register them for the club. I was able to find this section that talks about the club. I can select who is able to check them out and what the password is. Is this what you guys are talking about?

Yes. That's all there is to registering online. Just choose who can check each child out and provide a password.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter