? Regarding Disney gift cards

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by wdwlovin'family, Oct 30, 2012.

1. wdwlovin'family

wdwlovin'family Mouseketeer

Our cruise/wdw vacation is directly after Christmas. We have a lot of very kind family members that have said that they would like to give us and the kids disney gift cards for their Christmas present. I am assuming to use them on board, we would have to add them to our on-board account. I am just wondering, what if we don't use it all? Does it get credited back to the wdw gift card? I am asking this because I know the kids will want to spend some at wdw and some on the cruise, and we are doing wdw both before and after the cruise. I am trying to figure how to balance it all out. Can I just add one card at a time during the cruise? I guess if worse comes to worse, I can just reload the cards with whatever should be on it after the cruise.

The overplanner/worrier in me is coming out.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. RemysMom

RemysMom Mouseketeer

We add gift cards ahead of time also by calling Disney Cruise. Any unused balance will be added back to the card. So make sure you keep the cards. You can always add more if needed.

4. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

You can also add the Gift Cards to your shipboard account by going to Guest Relations after you board.

5. MTmomma

MTmomma DIS Veteran

OR you could allow your kids the ability to charge, and keep really close track on them, and shut off their KTTW charging ability once they reach their limit, then apply their gift card to the onboard account at guest services..... this way, you are having to keep track of significantly less than you would be tracking otherwise, as it will show what was charged to each persons key, making it pretty darned easy to see who did what

6. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

BE sure that they are Disney gift cards, not Disney STORE gift cards--they are two different animals and the store cards can only be used at a Disney Store.

You can add cards to your onboard account in advance or at GS on the ship. You can add them all at once or one at a time although one at a time sounds like a pain.

Any refunds will be posted to the card that is due the refund, so keep all the cards!

7. jeniamt

jeniamt DIS Veteran

Can you specify a limit on the KTTW card? My kids are getting gift cards as well for Christmas and I know I can add them to our onboard credit but I would like specify a limit on each kid's card. That way I don't have to monitor the card and they would just be cut off by DCL when they've reached their limit. Does that make sense?

8. MTmomma

MTmomma DIS Veteran

It would be a great option, but unfortunately charging is either on, or off with DCL.