Regal Sun Resort

dishm12/08

Obsessing Over Our Disneymoon. One Day At A Time
I saw an ad on here for this resort and I decided to click it. It states that it's an official WDW resort and that it was formally The Grosvenor Resort. Does anyone know anything about this place? Does it operate like the Swan and Dolphin, like EMH and such?

It is the former Grosvenor hotel. It's on Hotel Plaza Blvd., in the DTD area. It does not participate in EMH. There is transportation to the parks, but it is not as frequent or convenient as on property transportation. I haven't stayed there since they switched, but I heard they did do some refurbishing. That location is a good compromise between on and off property.

It is the former Grosvenor hotel. It's on Hotel Plaza Blvd., in the DTD area. It does not participate in EMH. There is transportation to the parks, but it is not as frequent or convenient as on property transportation. I haven't stayed there since they switched, but I heard they did do some refurbishing. That location is a good compromise between on and off property.

Gotcha. I wasn't thinking about switching, we're holding on to Poly for dear life, but I was curious. Thanks

We stayed at the Grovesnor 2 years ago (we have since bought into DVC) and we had a WONDERFUL stay there. We just walked across the street to Downtown Disney and used the Disney bus system from there. Furthermore, we had a room in the "tower section" that overlooked Downtown Disney, and the view was INCREDIBLE- we had great big windows- the hotel was very clean and the staff that worked there were so nice. I wouldnt hesitate to stay there again, although I have heard that they have really raised their room prices since it became the Regal Sun Resort, and if you are going to pay those kind of prices, you may as well stay on site at the moderate level because I think they are very comparable now.

Just be aware, there is no transportation to any of the parks from DTD. The Disney buses go only to the Disney resorts from DTD. So, don't plan on walking over to the DTD bus stops and hopping on a bus to MK....they don't exist.

Just be aware, there is no transportation to any of the parks from DTD. The Disney buses go only to the Disney resorts from DTD. So, don't plan on walking over to the DTD bus stops and hopping on a bus to MK....they don't exist.

At the Regal Sun Resort on Saturday nights, they host a great dinner show with a great buffet. MurderWatch Mystery Dinner Theatre. It's great fun and an extremely good show!

Also be aware that they have a daily resort fee. We found that out when we stayed there for a "free" 2-night getaway that was offered by Wyndham when we toured the Bonnet Creek Resort.

We stayed there in March. We thought it was a great location. If we werent there, we might not have gone to DTD on our departure day, which we really enjoyed. The drive to the parks was reasonably short and VERY clearly marked. I wish they had the free parking, but I couldnt care less about the busses, since we drive to Florida anyway. It was a good choice for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter