Refrigerator in Pop Century?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Mary.Poppins, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Mary.Poppins

Mary.Poppins Mouseketeer

Did I read correctly that the rooms at Pop Century have refrigerators now?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. MeMom

MeMom DIS Veteran

Here are some pictures to help you out on size/how much it will hold.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. raven69david

raven69david I am a Superuser. Got a problem with that?!

All value resorts have refrigerators now at no cost. All of the value resorts have the same setup as pictured above.

Great pics MeMom.:thumbsup2

5. Nomad70

Nomad70 Mouseketeer

Just enough room for some fresh fruit, lunch meats and condiments! :thumbsup2 And maybe a bottle of water, though I prefer room temp water myself. Our trip in December will be our first at a value resort, I am glad I waited until now to do so with the addition of a fridge and wifi! Maybe they will bring in coffee pots someday too? lol :coffee:

6. mkoerner

mkoerner DIS Veteran

Thank you for this info! I had to add 5 nights at Movies on Saturday for our trip this Wednesday unexpectedly, and was thinking I'd need to pay for a fridge.

7. ocean134

ocean134 DIS Veteran

Yup, loving the fact that the values have the refrigerators now. We always had to have one for medical purposes. Now I don't have to deal with all that.

I would love if the rooms got coffee pots. :goodvibes

8. Mary.Poppins

Mary.Poppins Mouseketeer

That's fantastic!! The pictures are very helpful. So glad to see they
    now have refrigerators. We like to have breakfast in our room so space for milk will be nice. We used to have to buy a cooler and fill it with ice every day.
    HOORAY!! Thanks everyone for all of the info. Gotta LOVE DIS!!

9. MeMom

MeMom DIS Veteran

We actually still did put our milk in an ice-filled cooler. The fridge was more cool than cold - to us, at least. It kept things coldish, but not real cold. It's hard to describe. It was a mild kind of cold. I read someone else's report that said the same for their fridge, too. We liked the milk better in the 'real cold' category. Plus, we had a gallon, and it would have taken up a lot of the fridge space. Yours may be colder, or you may not care about the space as much, but I just thought I would throw that out there for you to consider.

I agree with you about the DIS. There are many friendly, helpful people around here making each others' trips better with advice and information. :thumbsup2

10. Mary.Poppins

Mary.Poppins Mouseketeer

Thanks... Good to know. We're a COLD-COLD milk kind of family as well. Sounds like a cooler will still be worth it.
    We just usually buy a cheap styrofoam one at the grocery store.

11. TheRatPack

TheRatPack Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed ex

I think I'm going to add a fridge thermometer to my packing list. My husband is a freak when it comes to having foods cold enough.

12. hammie59

hammie59 DIS Veteran

Are these smaller than the dorm size at the mods? It's hard for me to tell from the picture.