Refilling water bottles?

codygirl5150

Mouseketeer
Hi all. We will be first time cruisers next year :cool1: and so I'll be uber planning for the next 16 months!

We are not big soda drinkers, and usually opt for water instead during the day. We will be flying into orlando and relying on DCL transportation, so we were just planning on buying one of the 12 pack bottled water deals on the ship. This will be gone within a couple days, so is there a place get cold water on board for free so that we can just refill our water bottles (using a new cup everytime of course!) Or would we just have to refill it out of the bathroom sink tap? How does the water taste?

Thanks! :)

Hi all. We will be first time cruisers next year :cool1: and so I'll be uber planning for the next 16 months!

We are not big soda drinkers, and usually opt for water instead during the day. We will be flying into orlando and relying on DCL transportation, so we were just planning on buying one of the 12 pack bottled water deals on the ship. This will be gone within a couple days, so is there a place get cold water on board for free so that we can just refill our water bottles (using a new cup everytime of course!) Or would we just have to refill it out of the bathroom sink tap? How does the water taste?

Thanks! :)

You can get water at the soda station but care on refilling there for health and hygiene reasons.

Cats 4>Cat 12 do not have a tap and sink suitable for refilling water bottles.

You can ask your stateroom attendant to bring an ice bucket and keep it filled, once or twice daily. They have small glasses in the room. In the morning I use the glass to scoop up the water and melted ice from the bucket and pour it into my bottle. There is not enough room in the sink to put your bottle under the tap and fill it up like there would be in your kitchen. You need to pour from something else. But the water tastes fine, as long as you're not too picky.

Ship water is fine for drinking so make good use of the drink station. You will also find plenty of fountains and giant thermos urns of cold water on Castaway Cay where you can refill your bottles outside of lunch time.

We are not big soda drinkers, and usually opt for water instead during the day. We will be flying into orlando and relying on DCL transportation, so we were just planning on buying one of the 12 pack bottled water deals on the ship.

Just fyi..... I think the smallest water "package" you can buy onboard is 24 bottles (Evian water I believe) and it is $35 plus automatic gratuity, so over $40 total.

It would be a lot less expensive to buy a bottle of water for everyone at the airport and just take it on the ship with you, then refill it as needed. The water on the ship is very good, so no real reason to buy 24 bottles of water.

Great info everyone! Thanks!

Just fyi..... I think the smallest water "package" you can buy onboard is 24 bottles (Evian water I believe) and it is $35 plus automatic gratuity, so over $40 total.

It would be a lot less expensive to buy a bottle of water for everyone at the airport and just take it on the ship with you, then refill it as needed. The water on the ship is very good, so no real reason to buy 24 bottles of water.

Yeah, I went back to the DCL website and saw that...WOW! That's expensive! I didn't even think about just stocking up at the airport - duh! I guess I could just take a soft cooler and fill it up with bottled water and carry it on, icing it down once I get to the cabin. Great idea! :thumbsup2

I think you can always buy the deal at Castaway I think it is six bottles for $12 plus you get the cooler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter