Refillable Mugs????

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by cmc, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmc

cmc Earning My Ears

Does anyone know what the mugs look like now? We are going to All Star Movies Resort in a few weeks and my friend just went in Jan to Carribean Beach and she said we could use her mugs if they are the same. How much are they and can you fill them up anywhere you want or just at your hotel?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. canadianmom2three

canadianmom2three DIS Veteran

Innocent enough question, bu you may want to edit your post before you start some sort of debate complete with flames. It is apparently against the rules and against good taste to reuse mugs from a previous vacation even if they look the same (which apparently they do)......prepare for a tounge lashing!!

4. polineedyan

polineedyan DIS Veteran

i have heard it both ways, that there are mugs patterned after the resorts, and then there is a year of a million dreams mug. They are to be used only at the resort you are staying.:rolleyes:

5. BKMETV

BKMETV DIS Veteran

If we switch resort during the stay can we still use the mugs?

6. cmc

cmc Earning My Ears

Does anyone know how much they are?

7. polineedyan

polineedyan DIS Veteran

i think 12.99..dont know about the split stay..would be leaning toward the no on that..:rolleyes1

8. Amy&Dan

Amy&Dan DIS Veteran

They are $12.49 each I believe. I agree that this thread may get heated and evenutually locked. Basically, no you cannot use your friend's mugs. They plainly state they are for the use of the purchaser for that particular stay only.

The designs are the same for all resorts but Coronado Springs. If you are resort switching during the same stay, I believe that using that same mug from the first resort is fine, someone else may know differently. However, since Disney knows many people do split stays and the fact they now have only one mug design (excpet for CSR) it would seem they are okay with this.

Right now the mugs are Year of a Million Dreams themed, but no year is listed on the mug the way they did in 2007. You can refill them at your resort drink station as many times as you want during your stay. Even though you can't reuse them from previous stays, yours or someone else's, they are a great buy. They have ice tea, coffee, soda (coke products) and at Pop Century they have a frozen coke machine.

We stayed at All Star Music a couple of weeks ago and with tax, four mugs were $53.46 (have the receipt right here as I go about figuring out how much we spent that trip!)

9. DISNEYNY

DISNEYNY DIS Veteran

You can use the mugs for a split stay at different resorts during the same trip. As stated before it would be frowned upon to bring your friends mugs.

10. BamaFan121s

BamaFan121s DIS Veteran

ooops..double post.

11. BamaFan121s

BamaFan121s DIS Veteran

Yes.

The mugs all look the same...the light blue YOMD mugs with options of blue, black or silver handles. Regardless of which resort you stay in. They used to have resort specific mugs, but now they are all the same. W/ the exception of Cor. Springs--their food court is not Disney owned.

Yes, you can use your friend's mug, but doing so violates the rules that Disney has in place. Officially, you are only supposed to use the mugs during the stay in which you purchased it. You will be crucified by the self appointed mug police for suggesting or attempting to do otherwise.

12. ntsammy5

ntsammy5 DIS Veteran

popcorn::

They are all YOAMD mugs now. How would a CM even remotely know where/when it was purchased?

13. twinnersmama

twinnersmama Mouseketeer

During our stay last week at POP we bought the mugs - and made good use of them. I saw two ladies trying to decide if they should get them or not. I commented (in front of the cashier) that I thought they were a great deal and you also get a nice souvenier to take home. The cashier said it pays for itself after 6 coffees ... and then she added " and just bring it back with you next time you come." I didn't say anything after that, but was surprised she suggested to bring back next time.

14. BamaFan121s

BamaFan121s DIS Veteran

Either she meant the next time you come to the food court, or it's not as big of a deal to Disney/CMs as it is to many members here. :goodvibes

15. BKMETV

BKMETV DIS Veteran

Thanks for the help...I will definitely be getting them now. I wasn't sure I would if I needed one for each stay.

Ev

16. minnie61650

minnie61650 <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Just an FYI:

It has been noted that a few CM's are now approaching guests with old mugs.

From this thread :

http://www.disboards.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=22777691

From this thread:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1721756&page=2

From this thread:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1503144

17. RMulieri

RMulieri DIS Veteran

Ok.The mugs are now all the same except for CSR.You are not supposed to re-use mugs as techincally they are only for refills during your current stay.refills are only at the resorts, never at the parks.

18. tmarquez

tmarquez DIS Veteran

We went to the All Star Music food court last Sunday and there were people there using all sorts of refillable mugs. Some were the YOMD type, some must have been an older version of the Pop Century mug (they were sort of tye dye looking) and also lots of older versions from other specific resorts that had the resort logo clearly marked on them. Nobody seemed shy about using them (not that it makes it right...just reporting what I've seen), and the CM's didn't care either.

It seems to me that if this truely concerned Disney, they would do away with the refillable mug program.

19. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

Officially, technically...the old mugs were to be used at the resort they were purchased at for the duration of the stay in which they were purchased. There were some mugs, pre-2000, that were sold as good forever at that particular resort at which it was bought. I have a DxL mug (actually 3 of them) that I bought with that understanding.
    Now...the mugs are all the same design, with the exception of the CSR mugs. The YOMD design mugs say, on the side of each mug, that they are refillable at our resort beverage stations, for the trip in which they were purchased. I take this to mean that if you buy your mugs at Pop, and then move to the Polynesian, you will be able to reuse those mugs at both resorts.
    But....technically/officially...you are not supposed to bring them back next year. Can you? Sure. Many do. Who's to stop you? Probably no one. But, it's called the honor system. I don't particularly care what anyone is doing with their refillable mugs, or where they are doing it at.

20. cheerforchelsea

cheerforchelsea DIS Veteran

Sadly enough I have more Disney mugs than I have nice drinking glasses....

21. mickaholic4077

mickaholic4077 I kicked cancer's butt!!

I haven't read all the responses,so this may duplicate someone's. All the mugs sold at the resorts,with the exception of Coronado Springs Resort,are exactly the same. There is no way to tell from the mugs themselves when a person bought the mug. Yes,the rules state that the mug can only be used at the resort at which the mug was purchased for that particular stay,BUT there is no way to tell if you purchased the mug during your stay or the mug was given to you. It is up to you to decide whether or not to use the mugs that your friend wants to give you. If you are leaning toward using your friends mugs,then fine. If you are leaning towards buying your own mugs,that's fine too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.